Verification issues after upgrading to development toolchain.

Rob Holmes

Mar 6, 2024, 5:47:01 AMMar 6
to FPGAwars: explorando el lado libre
Context:
I am working on an open source project with its own dedicated board. Whilst adding the board into APIO and then into ICESTUDIO i hit a problem that the chip im using  ice40lp1k-CB121 didn't have a defined PLL. To get the bug fix i switched over to the development version toolchain in ICESTUDIO which did indeed allow me to build.

Issue:
After doing so everything i have fails verification which i assume is because verilog standards have changed in this latest set of packages.

Ive attached a screenshot of the issue, can anyone explain what the complaint now is during verification. I have a hunch that because my REG is the same as my ourgoing wire it now doesn't not like it but I am not sure what the correct fix is.

Any guidance would be most appreciated.

scope.png

Democrito

Mar 6, 2024, 6:45:31 AMMar 6
to FPGAwars: explorando el lado libre
Indeed, as you say yourself, the error is due to the fact that the log output must be hardwired. To do this, it must have a different name or some letter that changes.

I leave you the simplest example that I have come up with, if you look closely you will see that I connect the register to the output with an "assign".

reg to wire.png

As for the code box entries, they do not need to be declared (because they are already in the box itself), although you may already know this.

Greetings.

Rob Holmes

Mar 6, 2024, 9:20:49 AMMar 6
to FPGAwars: explorando el lado libre
Thanks for this, makes perfect sense.... just now realized that all the flipflops, debouncers ,  buttons  and pullups i have imported from iceInputs have suffered the same fate.

Do you know if they have been updated in those collections or do i just need to work my way through them all?

Thanks again.

charli va

Mar 6, 2024, 9:36:41 AMMar 6
to fpga-wars-explora...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rob! @Obijuan is updating the collections but he has  a lot of work to finish it soon.

In other way, I'm working in a collection manager like an "Play Store" or "ubuntu snap" to update, share, an look for blocks and collections very easily but i need around a month  for the first versions.

In resume, try to update the blocks that you need it, and if you need help, tell us.

Greetings!

--
Has recibido este mensaje porque estás suscrito al grupo "FPGAwars: explorando el lado libre" de Grupos de Google.
Para cancelar la suscripción a este grupo y dejar de recibir sus mensajes, envía un correo electrónico a fpga-wars-explorando-el...@googlegroups.com.

Rob Holmes

Mar 8, 2024, 7:19:10 AMMar 8
to FPGAwars: explorando el lado libre
Many thanks, for this. It looks like all the things i'm currently using had already been updated. Thanks for all the hard work :)