FP Syd tomorrow, 28 June

Jost Berthold

Jun 26, 2023, 11:49:06 PM6/26/23
to fp-syd
Don't forget to sign up for our June event of FP Syd tomorrow!

Our June edition of FP Syd is coming up next Wednesday, 28 June, with a fantastic talk by Mark
 Hopkins. As usual, doors open at 6pm for the talk to start around 6:45pm.A monad for Set
Everyone knows you can't write a monad instance for Set in Haskell, because of that annoying Ord constraint. But what if we ignored the naysayers, and just did it anyway? That is to say, we'll write a genuine, law-abiding instance, with no unusual language extensions, without modifying the Monad class, and using the standard Set implementation from containers. Is this approach more generally useful? Are there any drawbacks, and how might we address them?
Please RSVP under https://www.meetup.com/fp-syd/events/293585649/  (or contact the organisers directly) so we know how many people to cater for.

See you soon!