FP-SYD speakers for 2020

Tim McGilchrist

Mar 4, 2020, 1:54:36 AM3/4/20
to fp-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Could I get names for people who are offering up a talk this year? Also an indication of wether you would be ready to go for next month? I’ll curate the responses and some names from people who have previously offered and put them up on the github wiki.

So far I have:

Barry Jay
Alberto Vegera
Mark Hopkins
Jost Berthold
Andrae Muys
Huw Campbell
Tim McGilchrist
Carlos Dagos

Who else is available? If we are going to do every month we obviously need more speakers.

Cheers,
Tim

Amos Robinson

Mar 4, 2020, 2:09:13 AM3/4/20
to fp-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tim,

Yup, I’d like to give a talk sometime.
I will miss this month though - work travel.

Clinton Mead

Mar 4, 2020, 2:15:30 AM3/4/20
to fp-...@googlegroups.com
I'll be happy to do a talk this year on something but it would be June at the earliest.  https://hackage.haskell.org/package/fast-mult is something I've never talked about at FP-Syd so maybe that.

Tim McGilchrist

Mar 4, 2020, 5:37:44 PM3/4/20
to fp-...@googlegroups.com
Much appreciated. I’ve added it to the roster.

Rough outline for speakers is available on the github wiki, as always please organize swaps if the months are not convenient. We do still need some more speakers, if you know someone please sign them up. :-)

Shorter form talks are also welcome if they are on topic. In particular we need another volunteer for next month.

Cheers,
Tim