Next meeting on Wednesday August 28th

Erik de Castro Lopo

Aug 24, 2019, 11:58:48 PM8/24/19
to fp-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

The next meeting will be help on Wednesday August 28th.

This month we have two talks:

Sam Roberton : Reflex-FRP in practice
Andrae Muys : "Intermediate" level DAML development

Abstracts below.

The RSVP is here:

https://www.meetup.com/FP-Syd/events/vcqlmpyzlblc/

Doors open at 6pm, meeting proper starts at 6:30.

Everybody who intends to show up on the night shoud RSVP ASAP to allow our
hosts Atlassian to sort out the catering. People who said they were
going but now find that they can't should likewise update their status.

Cheers,
Erik

Reflex-FRP in practice
----------------------
Haskell isn't the first language most people would reach for to write a
single-page app. But GHCJS is a thing, and it can be done. Many
Haskellers will know of the Reflex-FRP library, and its companion,
Reflex-DOM. What are they like to use for a real system? A couple of
years ago, I decided I liked the idea enough to try it out on a real-world
side project (where "real-world" means "has existing real paying customers,
so actually still has to work even if it's a side project"). Let's take a
look at how that's worked out.

Erik de Castro Lopo
http://www.mega-nerd.com/

Julian

Aug 29, 2019, 7:23:04 AM8/29/19
to fp-syd
I couldn't make it. Are the slides available?

JG

Sam Roberton

Aug 29, 2019, 6:08:13 PM8/29/19
to fp-syd