Next Sydney PLT meeting is on Tuesday 5th February

Ben Lippmeier

Feb 3, 2019, 4:23:35 AM2/3/19
to fp-...@googlegroups.com
Various programming languages diaspora are meeting monthly on Tuesday evenings, two weeks after FP-Syd. This is an informal gathering and discussion without pre-prepared talks. All interested parties are welcome.

Current projects include:

Salt: The compilation target that functional programmers always wanted. Salt is what you get when you leave C out in the sun for too long. Now comes with a partially baked VSCode language server plugin. Repo is at https://github.com/discus-lang/salt

Discus: An experimental dialect of Haskell that investigates static typing and program transformation in the presence of computational effects. DDC is the compiler for it. More info at http://discus-lang.org/

Accelerate: An embedded language for accelerated array processing on GPGPUs. More info at http://hackage.haskell.org/package/accelerate.

If any of the attendees have another project they want publicised then reply to this mail, or let me know for next month and I’ll include it.

Venue:
The Local Taphouse
122 Flinders St, Darlinghurst NSW 2010
7pm Tuesday, 5th February 2019

If you arrive and can’t find us then call Ben Lippmeier +61 421 381 880.

Cheers,
Ben.

Notes for last meeting: 15th January 2019.
Attendees (5): Ben, Amos, Erik, Josh, Richard.

Amos: Got reviews back for his PhD thesis and they’re all good (whoo!). Now at Data61 working on Cogent and the L4 verified project. Has been reading about process calculi for music composition, and wrote some JavaScript to visualise the processes and midi events that they generate.

Josh: Fixing Accelerate lens code.

Ben: The front end parser, type checker and interpreter for the term level salt language now works. Gave a demonstration of the LSP plugin for the term language. Next job is to build a procedural intermediate language that we’ll use to flatten out the control flow before conversion to SSA / LLVM form.

Ben Lippmeier

Mar 10, 2019, 8:43:33 PM3/10/19
to fp-...@googlegroups.com, discu...@googlegroups.com
[...]

7pm Tuesday, 12th March 2019

If you arrive and can’t find us then call Ben Lippmeier +61 421 381 880.

Cheers,
Ben.

[I’ve left the book with the notes from last meeting at home, I can post them tomorrow]