Next FP Syd: 27th September

Tim McGilchrist

Sep 21, 2023, 1:22:50 AM9/21/23
to fp-...@googlegroups.com
FP-SYD is on again in September with all your regular Functional Programming content.
This month we have two talks lined up.

Vaibhav Sagar returns with his talk titled, Binary Trees to HAMTs, Step by Step.

Hash Array Mapped Tries (HAMTs) are a well-known and widely used data structure, but instead of jumping straight there, what if we looked at all the intermediate steps too? In this talk I'll start with a binary tree (or something very close to it) and make a series of small straightforward changes until we end with a proper HAMT. There will also be diagrams!

We also have Andrew Morris returning to give us even more details about ValueScript, with his talk titled:

ValueScript: Bringing functional superpowers to JavaScript and TypeScript
ValueScript is a dialect of TypeScript with value semantics. This talk will give a broad overview of the language with a focus on its functional properties. Checkout valuescript.org to prep your technical questions.

As usual, doors open at 6pm for the talk to start around 6:45. Please RSVP on meetup or get in touch with the organisers. https://www.meetup.com/en-AU/fp-syd/events/295603499/

If you'd like to present something Functional Programming related get in touch with the organisers or open a PR on http://github.com/fp-syd/meetings.

Cheers,
Tim