Some people may know this guy

Erik de Castro Lopo

Oct 26, 2022, 9:54:42 PM10/26/22
to fp-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

When he lived in Sydney, Sean used to come to FP-Syd quite regularly
and presented at least once. He now makes his living earning bug
bounties from crypto projects.

He recently earned a relatively large bounty and was interviewed
about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEmwfl-zLuw

Cheers,
Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
http://www.mega-nerd.com/

Paul A. Steckler

Oct 26, 2022, 10:21:14 PM10/26/22
to fp-...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Oct 26, 2022 at 6:54 PM Erik de Castro Lopo
<mle...@mega-nerd.com> wrote:
> When he lived in Sydney, Sean used to come to FP-Syd quite regularly
> and presented at least once. He now makes his living earning bug
> bounties from crypto projects.

Is anyone in FP *not* involved in crypto these days?

I'm working on this:

https://github.com/MinaProtocol/mina

-- Paul

Clinton Mead

Oct 26, 2022, 10:30:03 PM10/26/22
to fp-...@googlegroups.com
Paul

I started at PaidRight in Sydney at the start of July, and I'm working on a backend in Haskell and we've also got a pay modelling team working in Scala+Spark. But yes you're roughly right. Which is good though because I think we're the only Sydney based non-crypto company that's actually hiring Haskell developers now.

- Clinton

Erik de Castro Lopo

Oct 26, 2022, 10:36:15 PM10/26/22
to fp-...@googlegroups.com, Paul A. Steckler

Paul A. Steckler wrote:

> Is anyone in FP *not* involved in crypto these days?
>
> I'm working on this:
>
> https://github.com/MinaProtocol/mina

Sean tells me he remains agnostic about cryptocurrency. The long term goal
is to increase the use of formal methods to help write correct software.
He chose the cryptocurrency space because there are few stakes higher than
smart contracts with millions of dollars in them. If people can't be
convinced to use formal methods in that space, it's unlikely they'll ever
be convinced.

Tony Sloane

Nov 6, 2022, 1:50:56 AM11/6/22
to fp-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for passing this on Erik. It’s interesting to see what Sean is up to.

No crypto for me, but blockchain and functional programming technology @Symbiont (https://www.symbiont.io).

cheers,
Tony