FP-SYD 2022 meetups

Tim McGilchrist

May 1, 2022, 6:59:05 PM5/1/22
to fp-...@googlegroups.com
With the support of Michael Board we now have a venue to hold in-person FP-SYD events again.

The first such event will be May 25th. So I’m asking for people to come forward to present,
either this coming month or later this year. We might even have the option to have remote
speakers join us if anyone from QLD or elsewhere is interested. Please respond via email or
PR on https://github.com/fp-syd/meetings/tree/master/2022 or on the FP-SYD Slack.

The plan going forward is to hold an in-person meetup with speakers every other month.
If we get more speakers (or other events) then we can do it every month, it all depends on
getting enough interesting talks. Alternating with the events at Ghost organised by Ben Lippmeier on the weekends.

I’m very excited to be able to hold regular in-person event again in a suitable environment.
Please support FP-SYD by coming along and giving talks.

Cheers,
Tim McGilchrist

J Pratt

May 9, 2022, 7:09:43 PM5/9/22
to fp-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Tim,
What's the venue?

Looking forward to it

J Pratt | (they/them) | Arcs Syd |jo...@google.com

Jost Berthold

May 9, 2022, 7:09:47 PM5/9/22
to fp-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tim,

This is really great news!
I felt a bit bad for retreating from the online meetings but it was just too difficult to arrange taking part while family would be in the other room, and workload at DA did not help...

Would love to give a talk at some point but I have nothing ready. Therefore, it would be challenging if I proposed to help out for the May meeting. That week is also my first week in a new remote job - but if you are desperate to get a speaker I might be able to arrange it.

Cheers
Jost

On Mon, May 2, 2022 at 8:59 AM Tim McGilchrist <timm...@gmail.com> wrote:

Tim McGilchrist

May 10, 2022, 5:51:24 AM5/10/22
to fp-...@googlegroups.com
The venue 7 Bridge Street and is on the meetup page. I’m looking forward to it too.

Tim McGilchrist

May 10, 2022, 6:03:47 AM5/10/22
to fp-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jost,

No worries Jost, it’ll be great if you can come along in May. I think we have something organized for this month but thanks for the offer. I’ll put you down for a talk later in the year if that’s ok with you.

Good luck with the new job!

Cheers,
Tim McGilchrist