Next FP Syd: Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Tim McGilchrist

Apr 21, 2024, 6:57:33 PMApr 21
to fp-...@googlegroups.com

Time for our April edition of FP-SYD. Doors open at 6pm for the talks to start around 6:45. We have one talk planned for the evening, the abstract is below, with some time for lightning talks.

Tim McGilchrist - OCaml behind the scenes: effects

OCaml 5 was a HUGE release for the language, introducing two major changes in domains for writing parallel programs and effect handlers for expressing concurrency. This presentation will look at understanding how effects are implemented through examples. We will cover everything non-functions that provide the basis for the effect handlers feature in OCaml. Expect to see C and assembly code with some OCaml thrown in. No prior knowledge of C or assembly is necessary.

We are always on the lookout for new (and returning!) speakers. If you'd like to present something Functional Programming related get in touch with the organisers or open a PR on http://github.com/fp-syd/meetings

RSVP on meetup https://www.meetup.com/fp-syd/events/300206218/ or via email.