Next FP Syd meeting: May 24th

Jost Berthold

May 17, 2023, 6:16:00 AM5/17/23
to fp-syd
 FP Syd in May features two talks on the 24th. As usual, doors open at 6pm for the talks to start around 6:45.Ruben Zilibowitz: Game Semantics for free cartesian closed categories
In my recently completed master’s thesis I explore the topic of game semantics for free cartesian closed categories (CCCs). Game semantics for CCCs has been studied and written about by numerous authors. The free CCC case, however, has never been clearly dealt with in the literature. My approach was somewhat novel; I introduce invertible constants into the lambda calculus. In this talk, I will present the game semantics and discuss my approach. Since this is a functional programming talk, however, I will aim to give some concrete code examples and possibly some formal proofs.
Tim McGilchrist: Monads for Incremental Computing
...and building a small incremental library from scratch. Then I will be talking about the pragmatic issues with building systems using an incremental approach.Please RSVP on MeetUp or contact the organisers so we know how many people to cater for - thank you!