Something failing on update

Tamar

Sep 8, 2020, 10:45:33 AM9/8/20
to Thor, the Tool Manager for FoxPro
I have Thor set to update weekly. The last couple of weeks, it sits for a long time on one file and then gives me an error message:

---------------------------
Error: Thor.App
---------------------------
Error getting available version information from server.Thor.App

Cancelling ...

This error may self-correct if "Check For Updates" is run again.
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

Tried running it again (mostly to get the error message) and no luck.

Rick Schummer

Sep 8, 2020, 11:13:58 AM9/8/20
to foxpr...@googlegroups.com
There is a problem with the hosting right now. The domain was renewed last week and it appears the hosting company fouled something up. On my list to address today.

Long term it would be better for project managers to point to the GitHub repo instead of the VFPXRepository.com site.  Instructions to do so are on GitHub.

Rick Schummer

Sep 8, 2020, 11:35:45 AM9/8/20
to Thor, the Tool Manager for FoxPro
Rick,
I noticed that since longtime, there are no updates for Thor anymore, I only notice the updates creating a few KB files even when there is nothing new. Is there not a setting to delete all these unnecessary old files?
Thanks,
Koen

Rick Schummer

Sep 8, 2020, 11:40:04 AM9/8/20
to foxpr...@googlegroups.com
The updates are handled by the individual project managers. The pace of changes has nothing to do with the updates, but more likely the fact that many projects are mature. This is also probably the reason many project managers have not moved to GitHub update process and remain on the original server.

Regards,

Rick Schummer

Sep 8, 2020, 2:46:31 PM9/8/20
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com

Hi Tamar,

This has been corrected. Check for Updates in Thor are now working for me again.

Rick