PEM Editor property value dialog problem

Russell

Jan 25, 2021, 9:03:01 PM1/25/21
to Thor, the Tool Manager for FoxPro
Normally, I work with 2 monitors. Right now I'm working with one - the one on my laptop. When I double click a property, like Name, or whatever, it PEME I'd normally get a dialog that pops up to let me enter the desired value. And it does seem to be coming up because everything gets disabled (since the dialog window in modal, as I remember it). But it seems to be coming up off the visible screen and does not sense that and move itself. So I hit Escape and get control back. So I can't really use this feature if I'm not at my desk. I guess I can track down the code, if I'm not too lazy, but at the very least I thought I'd mention this issue.

Steven Howie

Jan 25, 2021, 11:12:14 PM1/25/21
to Thor, the Tool Manager for FoxPro
It sounds like the window you are talking about may be a top level form. If so, it likely would be the same procedure as if the command window, etc. were shown on the missing monitor - I've had to fix this a few times when I remove my external monitor. This article should help:

Jim Nelson

Jan 26, 2021, 10:05:47 AM1/26/21
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com
Preferences for PEMEditor are found in folder HOME(7).

File name is PEMEditor_Preferences.DBF.  I suggest you make a copy of it first.

Then try this:

Use (Home(7) + 'PEMEditor_Preferences.DBF') Exclusive
Delete for id = 'NEWZOOM '
Pack

Jim Nelson

(805) 498-9195 (preferred)
(720) 837-3536 (cell)

Russell Campbell

Jan 26, 2021, 11:49:03 AM1/26/21
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com

Thanks, Jim. I thought there might be something of that nature. It seems to be a similar system to what I use to remember and restore window position and size and I had to delete a record for a form in one of my systems recently because it was doing the same thing, which told me I was lacking code to figure out if it was off the visible screen and handle repositioning automatically.  :-)

Anyway, it worked.  Thanks!

Thanks to you, too, Steve.

Jim Nelson

Jan 26, 2021, 11:50:48 AM1/26/21
to FoxPr...@googlegroups.com
Familiar problem to me as I have exactly the same problem when switching to my laptop (which has not been used very much in the last year).