SQL Data Dictionary tool not connecting to PostgreSQL database

Tamar

Jun 12, 2018, 12:08:31 PM6/12/18
to Thor, the Tool Manager for FoxPro
I just discovered the SQL Data Dictionary tool. It's working fine for me with a SQL Server database, but I'm having trouble connecting to a PostgreSQL database. I've tested the connection string I'm using from the Command Window and it works.

I even dug into the tool code and found Thor_Proc_testconnectionstring and called that from the command window with my connection string and it works.

I just did tracing and it appears that the problem is that the connection string that's actually getting passed to SQLStringConnect() has trailing blanks that aren't in the string I'm passing in.

No time now to figure out what the fix it, but maybe someone else knows.

Tamar