Can Fox support XML Schema-type (XSD)?

zhixiong wang

Aug 13, 2017, 2:08:19 PM8/13/17
to FoX-discuss
Dear all,
I am working on reading XSD file using the FoX, but I am not sure it meet my requests!
Can someone give me a clear answer?

Andrew Walker

Aug 13, 2017, 2:17:46 PM8/13/17
to FoX-discuss
Dear Zhixiong,

You cannot use FoX to check if an XML document conforms to an XSD schema. The only way FoX will check the validity of a document is if you define the structure using a DTD. However, an XSD schema document is expressed in XML, you can read and write such a document using FoX.

Best wishes,

Andrew

zhixiong wang

Aug 16, 2017, 3:55:47 AM8/16/17
to FoX-discuss
Thanks a lot~

Now I am reading a normal xml file and extract data. But I am a beginner, and fell hard to follow English doc.
Do you have a simple example which can show me how to list all the nodes, names, ..
Best regards.

Zhixiong

Andrew Walker

Aug 16, 2017, 4:02:35 AM8/16/17
to FoX-discuss
Dear Zhixiong,

A good place to start may be the DOM exercise (exercise 5) associated with the 'iFaX' workshop we ran some years ago. See http://homepages.see.leeds.ac.uk/~earawa/FoX/iFaX/iFaX.5/iFaX.5.html (the files can be accessed from http://homepages.see.leeds.ac.uk/~earawa/FoX/iFaX/).

Best wishes,

Andrew