intel 11.1 progress

Noam Bernstein

Dec 16, 2009, 2:22:04 PM12/16/09
to fox-d...@googlegroups.com
Here's the latest from my exchanges with Intel about ifort 11.1 and FoX

Noam

Noam,

This ICE it turns out will be fixed in the December update, but
another ICE shows up when compiling the Fox library. I have included
the details below. The second ICE will be fixed in update 5 which is
due out late Feb.

You will be notified via this issue when a compiler that resolves the
second ICE is available.

Wendy
Intel Developer Support

Feedback on my support? https://premier.intel.com/premier/feedback.aspx

Your original ICE:
dpd22$ ifort -V -c -g ./sax/FoX_sax.f90
Intel(R) Fortran Intel(R) 64 Compiler Professional for applications
running on Intel(R) 64, Version 11.1 Build 20091130 Package ID:
l_cprof_p_11.1.064
Copyright (C) 1985-2009 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Intel(R) Fortran 11.1-2649

However, once past this error, users trying to build the FoX library
will hit another internal error involving m_dom_dom.F90, see below:

dpd22$ ifort -c -g -V -I../objs/finclude -DFC_HAVE_FLUSH
-DFC_HAVE_ABORT -DFC_ABORT_ARG -DFC_EOR_LF -DRESTRICTED_ASSOCIATED_BUG
m_dom_dom.F90
Intel(R) Fortran Intel(R) 64 Compiler Professional for applications
running on Intel(R) 64, Version 11.1 Build 20091130 Package ID:
l_cprof_p_11.1.064
Copyright (C) 1985-2009 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Intel(R) Fortran 11.1-2649
m_dom_dom.F90(4113): catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error:
internal abort** Please report this error along with the circumstances
in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report. Note: File and line
given may not be explicit cause of this error.
character(len=getTextContent_len(arg, .true.)) :: c
compilation aborted for m_dom_dom.F90 (code 3)