Venue Search API does not return all venues

Shai Brumer

Nov 16, 2011, 5:50:33 AM11/16/11
to foursqu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm using venue search API for searching restaurants in a specific radius using the following query:

But not all the venues in the near area returns...
An example of venues that does not return:

What could be the reason?

Thanks,
Shai.

Akshay Patil

Nov 16, 2011, 5:31:30 PM11/16/11
to foursqu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shai,

The endpoint returns the top 50 results, so it is not an exhaustive list of all venues with that category.

That said, we're also sorting out some lingering issues regarding the indexing of venue categories in our new search system, so it's possible that you'll see periodic cases where category filters don't completely work as fully expected

~ak
--
Akshay Patil / Foursquare Platform Evangelist
@akdotcom / @foursquareapi