Connected Apps developer preview

Akshay Patil

Jun 29, 2012, 4:17:35 PM6/29/12
to foursqu...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone,

Yesterday evening we released the next evolution of the Foursquare platform: Connected Apps. You can now integrate directly into the foursquare experience for users who authorize your consumer key.

Blog posts:

API Overview:

We've also open sourced a simple Google App Engine / Python framework we've been using over the last few months to build sample apps: https://github.com/foursquare/foursquare-app-framework. If you build similar frameworks for other platforms/languages, be sure to let us know (a...@foursquare.com) and we'll add them to our libraries page on the developer site: https://dev.foursquare.com/resources/libraries

We'd love your feedback on how to improve this new functionality, so once you get cracking, be sure to fill out http://bit.ly/Qs7Ywf. And when you're finished building a new app, let us know (http://bit.ly/LTP9Qu) -- we'll be blogging/tweeting about our favorites in the march towards a full user launch later this year!

Cheers,

~ak
--
Akshay Patil / @ak