Feedback on New page to organise English friendly resources for founders in Germany

Máire Olsson

Jul 2, 2015, 7:25:40 AM7/2/15
to founders-...@googlegroups.com
What a great start! Thanks for organising all of that info Mariano.

Over the years I've collected bits and pieces of information. Some more useful than others.
The following is an overview on tax and freelancers/business owners. http://www.expatica.com/de/finance/Tax-and-freelancers-in-Germany_100950.html
I'm not sure if you included this so forgive me if it's a double up. This one's related to finding European funding. http://www.welcomeurope.com/
And this is information for start-ups provided on the Stuttgart IHK (Industrie- und Handelskammer) Chamber of Commerce site. http://www.stuttgart.ihk24.de/english/startup/startup_index/666374

If I stumble across other ideas I'll let you know.

Oh, by the way. We mentioned briefly yesterday evening of having a space where members of the group could post something of what they are doing and what they are looking for. Would this be the right place to create this or another site?

Another way might be to encourage each other to link via the Xing or LinkedIn platforms. Cross pollinating? :-)

Máire

Mariano Guerra

Jul 2, 2015, 7:40:53 AM7/2/15
to Máire Olsson, founders-...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 1:25 PM, Máire Olsson <ma...@maireolsson.com> wrote:
What a great start! Thanks for organising all of that info Mariano.

:)

Over the years I've collected bits and pieces of information. Some more useful than others.
The following is an overview on tax and freelancers/business owners. http://www.expatica.com/de/finance/Tax-and-freelancers-in-Germany_100950.html
I'm not sure if you included this so forgive me if it's a double up. This one's related to finding European funding. http://www.welcomeurope.com/
And this is information for start-ups provided on the Stuttgart IHK (Industrie- und Handelskammer) Chamber of Commerce site. http://www.stuttgart.ihk24.de/english/startup/startup_index/666374

added and published, thanks!

If I stumble across other ideas I'll let you know.

Oh, by the way. We mentioned briefly yesterday evening of having a space where members of the group could post something of what they are doing and what they are looking for. Would this be the right place to create this or another site?

we just have to agree on how much information people want to publish and its public/private nature, we could start with a Xing group of some sort, but the idea is also to provide a list of thinks you can provide and things you need help with, so we can look for help and look for people to help, I don't know if Xing provides some off that. For example a list of:

* Languages (and levels): sometimes you need to read something in detail, or contact someone in another country, I can help with spanish for example :)

* Skills: if you know about some technology, about law, accounting, if you can provide help or contacts for some topic

* if you have a company or if you are looking into founding one and what area does it cover, it's useful to ask people doing something similar than what one does.

* if you are looking for feedback on a protoype, idea or existing product

Another way might be to encourage each other to link via the Xing or LinkedIn platforms. Cross pollinating? :-)

Everyone is welcome to add me on Xing if you find it useful, I'm really bad at Xing and I'm not on Linkedin so understand my lack of knowledge on them :P

Máire