Which property (published, updated, etc) in the result of ApiStreamContents matches nt and ot parameter?

Tony Zeng

Sep 13, 2012, 9:59:18 AM9/13/12
to foug...@googlegroups.com
Hello all.

If I use ApiStreamContents, in the json, for each item, I can have its updated time, published time, crawlTimeMsec, and timestampUsec.

They are similar, but have slightly different values, if strictly.

I wish to control the Api usage precisely and use nt and ot parameter, so that I strictly don't download any items that I already have.

For example, if I can get a precise time (t) of an item, then I use nt = t-1 or ot = t+1, then the API's result won't have the item.

So, my question is, to match nt and ot, which time property I should use: updated time, published time, crawlTimeMsec, or timestampUsec?

Note that  crawlTimeMsec, and timestampUsec are not in seconds but nt and ot are in seconds, so if  crawlTimeMsec, or timestampUsec are the right one I should use, then should I take care of convert them to seconds?

Tony Zeng

Sep 13, 2012, 10:14:32 AM9/13/12
to foug...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I answer my own question.

It seems that I should use crawlTimeMsec and divid it by 1000 to seconds.

Mihai, could you please confirm this?

Thanks

Tony

Mihai Parparita

Sep 14, 2012, 1:53:50 AM9/14/12
to foug...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 7:14 AM, Tony Zeng <mass...@gmail.com> wrote:
Ok, I answer my own question.

It seems that I should use crawlTimeMsec and divid it by 1000 to seconds.

Mihai, could you please confirm this?

Yes, that's right.

Mihai