Free Google Reader

Jo

Mar 16, 2013, 9:17:00 AM3/16/13
to foug...@googlegroups.com
How you can promote open source web and you kill Google Reader. Give it to the people. Free Google Reader

Alex Chaffee

Mar 17, 2013, 9:26:04 AM3/17/13
to foug...@googlegroups.com
To be fair, the source code to Google Reader wouldn't help much
without access to Google's backend APIs and servers. People have
written more-or-less complete clones of Reader's UI (e.g.
TheOldReader.com) but the actual Reader is resting on an enormous
crawling and indexing system using proprietary BigTable databases.

Probably. :-)

(I do think it's sad that Reader is dying; for me it died when they
removed Note In Reader and Share in late 2011. Buzz and G+ could so
easily have been integrated with -- or even built on top of -- Reader
and it's moronic that nobody inside Google saw the value of that.)

Alex Chaffee - al...@stinky.com
http://alexchaffee.com
http://codelikethis.com
http://twitter.com/alexch