mark items read for a feed marking all articles read

rsanchez1

Feb 11, 2012, 12:11:08 AM2/11/12
to Friends of the Unofficial Google Reader API
Has anyone run into this issue? I first saw it using mark-all-read for
a particular feed, that sometimes it would mark all unread articles as
read for my account. Then, I tried doing edit-tag with multiple
articles, sending all unread articles for the particular feed instead
of just sending mark-all-read. Unfortunately, I still see all articles
for my account getting marked read. There's no discernible pattern for
when this happen. It happens for feeds with 100+ unread articles and
feeds with 40 or less. If someone has a clue why this happens, I would
appreciate it.

rsanchez1

Feb 15, 2012, 12:17:53 PM2/15/12
to Friends of the Unofficial Google Reader API
It happened again. This is how I'm calling the API (in Javascript):

markMultipleArticlesRead: function(articles, success, failure) {
this._getEditToken(
function(token) {
var params = ["T="+escape(token)];
for (var i = articles.length; i--;) {
params.push("i=" + escape(articles[i].id));
params.push("s=" +
escape(articles[i].subscriptionId));
params.push("a=user/-/state/com.google/read");
params.push("r=user/-/state/com.google/kept-unread");
}

var postParams = params.join("&");
var boundFunc = this.markMultipleArticlesRead.bind(this,
articles, success, failure);
var authFailure = this.failureCheck.bind(this,
boundFunc, failure);

new Ajax.Request(Api.BASE_URL + "edit-tag", {
method: "post",
parameters: postParams,
requestHeaders: this._requestHeaders(),
onSuccess: success,
onFailure: authFailure
})
}.bind(this),

failure
)
},

You can see that basically it gets the edit token, then the relevant
information for each article, puts all of that into the POST
parameters, and sends it. _requestHeaders returns the auth header to
use with OAuth 2.0.

rsanchez1

Mar 8, 2012, 11:23:52 PM3/8/12
to Friends of the Unofficial Google Reader API
Can anyone help me out with this? I thought about spacing out the API
calls, but I still get it marking all of my articles in all of my
feeds read, instead of just the articles in the specific feed. I sent
50 articles at a time, but that didn't help. Doing mark-all-as-read
doesn't help, it's why I tried this method in the first place.

Is this just a bug with the Google Reader API?

Jay Zhao

Jul 22, 2012, 10:32:02 AM7/22/12
to foug...@googlegroups.com
I ran into the same issue as you did however I don't come up with a solution either yet, still researching though.