Round Table Discussion on Dr. Lynne Huffer's latest book November 14, 4-6pm

Foucault Circle (admin)

Nov 13, 2020, 4:58:56 PM11/13/20
to Foucault Circle

During this long time of the pandemic and the absence of our usual Foucault Circle gathering we thought you might be interested in the following event:

Round Table Discussion on Dr. Lynne Huffer's latest book, Foucault's Strange Eros Sat. November 14, 4-6pm | On Behalf of The Elon University Philosophy Department.

The Elon University Philosophy Department is delighted to host a roundtable discussion on Lynne Huffer's latest book, Foucault's Strange Eros, on Saturday, November 14, 4-6pm. The panelists are M. Gail Hamner (Syracuse), Ege Selin Islekel (Fordham), Taryn Jordan (Colgate), Perry Zurn (American), and Kim Q. Hall (Appalachian State). Panelists will speak for approximately 10-15 minutes each, followed by a response from Dr. Huffer, and will then open to Q&A with the audience. Open to the public, this webinar is the culmination of a multi-day workshop in which Elon Philosophy Senior Seminar students will present their research and get feedback from top scholars (each seminar student has a "Visiting" Scholar), in addition to joining in conversation with our invited scholars on their latest work. This event is made possible by a generous grant from the Phi Beta Kappa Fund for Excellence. Thanks to our co-sponsors, Elon Women's, Gender, and Sexualities Studies (WGSS), the Gender and LGBTQIA Center (GLC), and the Program in Peace and Conflict Studies. Please contact Lauren Guilmette (lguil...@elon.edu) with any questions.

Webinar registration linkhttps://elon.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_4Wr5pUlgQ862wkrAmJSObA

image001.jpg