FC20 Copenhagen POSTPONED

Foucault Circle (admin)

Apr 30, 2020, 2:35:27 PM4/30/20
to Foucault Circle

Dear Members of the Foucault Circle.

I hope that you, your loved ones, and all those around you are healthy and making the best of these difficult times.

Given the spread of the coronavirus and the measures being taken all around the world to contain it, the 2020 Program Committee and I have made the difficult decision to postpone the Twentieth Annual Meeting of the Foucault Circle, which was to be held at the Copenhagen Business School, June 25-28, 2020.  Our intention is to hold the meeting in Copenhagen in July 2021.

This decision was not an easy one to make.  For many of us, for the past twenty years now, the Annual Meeting of the Foucault Circle has been not only an opportunity to engage with leading Foucault scholars from around the world, but also a chance to make new friends as well as reconnect with old friends to continue conversations we started long ago.  While, unfortunately, we cannot see you all in June, we look forward to meeting soon.  I will be in touch with updates, news, and information about additional Foucault Circle activities.

In the meantime, take care and be well.

Edward McGushin

Foucault Circle Coordinator