: Columbia, MD: DEADLINE TONIGHT 7/15!! $100 SPNR! Kitty "Jeremy" the STUNNING & FRIENDLY 4 Year Old LONG HAIRED Creamsicle!!!!! FANTASTIC Nature!!!!! Howard Co., MD Shelter!!!!!

Anteaterken

Jul 15, 2024, 5:42:59 PM (18 hours ago) Jul 15
to lucky...@gmail.com, rescue-d...@googlegroups.com, anteat...@aol.com, animalr...@googlegroups.com, cros...@googlegroups.com, foster_car...@googlegroups.com, networkf...@googlegroups.com, pet-rescue-a...@googlegroups.com, rainbow-anim...@googlegroups.com, the-haven-a...@googlegroups.com, cat-all...@googlegroups.com, md-re...@googlegroups.com

In a message dated 7/15/2024 3:14:26 PM US Eastern Daylight Time, lucky...@gmail.com writes:

Stunning kitty Jeremy needs rescue commitment by TONIGHT, 7/15! Joy is offering $100 for his rescue!! Please share! Thank you!

If you can save, please email Jessica by TONIGHT, Monday, 7-15-24, so she can make a note of it.
C44081II.JPG
From: HCACrescue <hcacr...@howardcountymd.gov>
Date: Fri, Jul 12, 2024 at 3:30 PM
Subject: Longhaired Cat At Animal Control- Columbia, MD

DO NOT POST THIS EMAIL ON FACEBOOK.

THIS CAT IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR ADOPTION YET BECAUSE OF HIS URINARY ISSUE NEEDING MORE FOLLOW UP.

Permission is not granted for posting the contents of this email on social media.

Permission is not granted to change the wording in this email if you forward this email.

This is Jeremy, orange tabby, neutered male, about 4yrs old, found outside, friendly, a little bashful, sweet, rubs on us for attention and calm. He was straining to urinate and had some blood in his urine. He went to the vet and they said:

Weight: 9.8lbs

Physical Exam Results: heart and lungs WNL, eyes and ars WNL, MM pink and moist, abdominal palpation WNL.

Diagnosis: hematrua ddx; cystitis, FLUTD.

Treatment Given At Hospital: Cysto to get urine sample, in house UA: blood present, proteinuria; convenia 0.44 SQ; metacam 0.26 SQ.

Follow Up Treatment Recommended: Repeat convenia in 1 week.

Follow Up Appointment Needed On: in 1 week (july 10)

We sent him back for his 2nd Convenia injection. He is doing well and seems to be urinating fine. We are so busy with a lot of animals though, we are not going to be able to watch him well. We also are limited and unable to do anymore diagnostics because his 10 day stray hold is up. He just needs a follow up urinalysis and or monitoring so adopters will know what to expect. He is a beautiful cat and highly adoptable personality. Do you have space to take him?

The supervisors have not made the decision on whether they will place him up for adoption or not due to his medical follow up needs and no owner to give us any background about whether he has had previous urinary issues. I told them I would reach out to you and see if you have any space to take him.

Here is a video of him: https://youtube.com/shorts/oP4hnX05zz8?si=lFc5l1JLy-YZ6HBe

If you can take this pet, be sure to send me an email by Monday night, 7-15-24, so I can make a note of it.

After this date the supervisors will assess this pet for any behavior or medical changes and the space that we have available.

***NOTE: I AM OUT OF THE OFFICE SATURDAY AND SUNDAY.

Thank you,

/Jessica Snyder/

Howard County Animal Control & Adoption Center

8576 Davis Rd Columbia MD 21045

410-313-2780 Opt. 0

Animal Viewing Hours:

Mon, Wed, Fri: 10:00-4:30

Tues & Thurs: 1:30-7:00

Sat: 10:00-2:00

Business Hours:

Mon, Wed, Fri: 8:00-5:00

Tues & Thurs: 11:00-7:00

Sat: 10:00-2:00

THE SHELTER IS CLOSED ON COUNTY OBSERVED HOLIDAYS AND HOLIDAY WEEKENDS.