Fosstrak User Guide

Luis Araujo

Nov 23, 2016, 3:04:46 PM11/23/16
to fosstrak
Hello, I am trying to follow the Fosstrak User Guide and all seems well until step 6 of Configuring the Repository. It says "In a default installation of Tomcat, the database connection settings can be found in $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost/epcis-repository-<version>.xml". I cannot find this file anywhere. My version is 0.5.0. Can someone help? Thanks, Luis.

djbur...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2016, 11:41:41 AM11/24/16
to fosstrak
Hi Luis,

I had a huge amount of trouble following the instructions at
http://fosstrak.github.io/epcis/docs/user-guide.html .

If you do what it says and create the file ..\apache-tomcat\conf\Catalina\localhost\epcis-repository-0.5.0.xml with the suggested contents, IT DOES NOT WORK!

Instead, the file it seems to use is at ..\apache-tomcat\webapps\epcis-repository-0.5.0\META-INF\context.xml.

Then again, I went with defaults all the way through so didn't have to change anything!

Regards,
Dave

Luis Araujo

Nov 24, 2016, 1:02:27 PM11/24/16
to foss...@googlegroups.com
Hey, Dave, thanks a lot. It was there indeed. I got the capture screen fine, but the query did not show a wsdl, it returned the text below. Do you have another hint? Thanks a lot again for your time.

<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
<soap:Body>
<soap:Fault>
<faultcode>soap:Server</faultcode>
<faultstring>
No such operation: epcis-repository-0.5.0null (HTTP GET PATH_INFO: /epcis-repository-0.5.0null)
</faultstring>
</soap:Fault>
</soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

Kind Regards,

Luis Armando Queiroz de Araujo

Rua Silvia Pozzano 3003 Bloco 7 apto 501
Recreio dos Bandeirantes
Rio de Janeiro
Brazil 22790-671

http://larauj7.wix.com/projetos-estruturais

21 3269 4281 fixo
21 99131 4989 Claro
21 98560 2074 Oi
21 97983 3342 Tim
21 99654 8548 Vivo

djbur...@gmail.com

Nov 25, 2016, 7:40:14 AM11/25/16
to fosstrak
Hi Luis,

What link did you try to follow?

If you've got it set up correctly, in your browser you should be able to go to:

http://<webserver>/epcis-repository-0.5.0/

and get a page that looks like:

Fosstrak
Fosstrak EPCIS Capture and Query Services
This is the Fosstrak EPCIS Web application providing the following two services

    Fosstrak EPCIS Capture interface (HTTP POST)
    Fosstrak EPCIS Query interface (Web service, WSDL)

Then if you click on the Capture link ( http://<webserver>/epcis-repository-0.5.0/capture ) you get:

Fosstrak
Fosstrak EPCIS Capture Service
This service captures EPCIS events sent to it using HTTP POST requests.
The payload of the HTTP POST request is expected to be an XML document conforming to the EPCISDocument schema.

For further information refer to the xml schema files, check the Example
in 'EPC Information Services (EPCIS) Version 1.0 Specification', Section 9.6,
or see the Fosstrak EPCIS user guide.

» show HTML capture form

Or, if you click on the Query link ( http://<webserver>/epcis-repository-0.5.0/query/services ) you get:

Available SOAP services:
EPCISServicePortType

    getStandardVersion
    getQueryNames
    getVendorVersion
    subscribe
    unsubscribe
    getSubscriptionIDs
    poll

    Endpoint address: http://localhost:8080/epcis-repository-0.5.0/query/
WSDL : {http://query.repository.epcis.fosstrak.org/}QueryOperationsWebServiceService
Target namespace: http://query.repository.epcis.fosstrak.org/

Or, if you click on the WSDL link ( http://<webserver>/epcis-repository-0.5.0/query/?wsdl ) you get:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
      <wsdl:definitions name="QueryOperationsWebServiceService" targetNamespace="http://query.repository.epcis.fosstrak.org/">
[...]
</wsdl:definitions>

(I've removed all formatting!)

Regards,
Dave

Luis Araujo

Nov 25, 2016, 7:59:31 AM11/25/16
to foss...@googlegroups.com
In the user manual it does not say query/services, only query. I got it and it is working fine.
User Manual text:

In a default installation of Tomcat, the capture and query interfaces will now be available at http://localhost:8080/epcis-repository-<version>/capture and http://localhost:8080/epcis-repository-<version>/query, respectively.

Again, thank you very much.

Kind Regards,

Luis Armando Queiroz de Araujo

Rua Silvia Pozzano 3003 Bloco 7 apto 501
Recreio dos Bandeirantes
Rio de Janeiro
Brazil 22790-671

http://larauj7.wix.com/projetos-estruturais

21 3269 4281 fixo
21 99131 4989 Claro
21 98560 2074 Oi
21 97983 3342 Tim
21 99654 8548 Vivo

djbur...@gmail.com

Nov 25, 2016, 8:09:46 AM11/25/16
to fosstrak
So it does - and when I do that I get the same error as you did - I'd never noticed that before!

I guess I must have always clicked on the link from http://localhost:8080/epcis-repository-<version> when testing my installation, rather than following the manual at that point.

I must say, I tend not to use my browser  now for it - I use wget to send xml files to the capture interface, and SOAPUI or Excel macros to query the data.

I did try to work with the web-adapter, also listed on the Fosstrak site, but to be honest it's not very well written and would take far too long to rewrite. (For instance, it seems that one of the first things it does on start up is try to query the *entire* epcis repository - and if there's more than a few hundred records it soon times out and crashes.)

Regards,
Dave
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to fosstrak+u...@googlegroups.com.

Luis Araujo

Nov 25, 2016, 9:51:23 AM11/25/16
to foss...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot, Dave, but let me tell you something, I am an university professor here in Rio de Janeiro and I am just trying to enrich my Information Management course. It is the first time I am looking at this and you seem to be very experienced in the subject. I am just trying to follow the manual before I tell my students to do that. But maybe you can help me a little more. In the EPCIS capture interface client (screen attached) I filled an example (screen attached)  comes the error screen (attached).

Atenciosamente,

Luis Armando Queiroz de Araujo

Rua Silvia Pozzano 3003 Bloco 7 apto 501
Recreio dos Bandeirantes
Rio de Janeiro
Brazil 22790-671

http://larauj7.wix.com/projetos-estruturais

21 3269 4281 fixo
21 99131 4989 Claro
21 98560 2074 Oi
21 97983 3342 Tim
21 99654 8548 Vivo

error.png
F35.png
F36.png

sod...@gmail.com

Nov 25, 2016, 10:04:41 AM11/25/16
to foss...@googlegroups.com
Luiz se quiser ajuda com o fosstrak posso ajudar.

Alguns videos

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "fosstrak" group.

<error.png>
<F35.png>
<F36.png>

Rodrigo Klein

Nov 25, 2016, 10:12:11 AM11/25/16
to foss...@googlegroups.com
Olá Luiz,

Não entendo muito do fosstrak porém posso falar sobre o EPCIS.

Acho que a forma mais didática para que você consiga entender e identificar o problema, é usando outra ferramenta que não o cliente do fosstrack. Como a interface de CAPTURE é um http normal, você pode simular isso usando o SOAPUI ou o POSTMAN.

A unica ressalva é que você deverá escrever (ou pegar exemplos) os eventos EPCIS para enviar.

Eu não sei se você notou mas a sua URL está apontando para http://demo.fosstrak.org/epcis/capture quando na verdade deveria ser o endereço da SUA instalação do fosstrack.

Talvez seja isso.

Abs

Rodrigo

Esta mensagem pode conter informação confidencial ou privilegiada, sendo seu sigilo protegido por lei. Se você não for o destinatário ou a pessoa autorizada a receber esta mensagem, não pode usar, copiar ou divulgar as informações nela contidas ou tomar qualquer ação baseada nessas informações. Se você recebeu esta mensagem por engano, por favor, avise imediatamente ao remetente, respondendo o e-mail e em seguida apague-a. Agradecemos sua cooperação.

This message may contain confidential or privileged information and its confidentiality is protected by law. If you are not the addressed or authorized person to receive this message, you must not use, copy, disclose or take any action based on it or any information herein. If you have received this message by mistake, please advise the sender immediately by replying the e-mail and then deleting it.
Thank you for your cooperation.

Luis Araujo

djbur...@gmail.com

Nov 28, 2016, 1:18:23 PM11/28/16
to fosstrak
Hi Luis,

I expect your problem is indeed because you're pointing the client at http://demo.fosstrak.org/EPCIS/capture .

You need to use http://<webserver>/epcis-repository-0.5.0/capture (i.e. whatever you set the webserver up as, whatever link you saw when you went to http://<webserver>/epcis-
repository-0.5.0 in your web browser).

As others have said, I started with the capture client, but then switched to SOAPUI for testing (it reads the wsdl & creates test xml for you, you just have to fill in the details). I now create xml files using a php script and use wget to send them to the repository - all automated, no GUI at all:-)

Regards,
Dave

[...]

Luis Araujo

Nov 29, 2016, 5:25:28 AM11/29/16
to foss...@googlegroups.com

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 4:18 PM, <djbur...@gmail.com> wrote:
SOAPUI

It worked, Dave, thanks a lot.

Luis Araujo

Nov 30, 2016, 1:06:35 PM11/30/16
to foss...@googlegroups.com
Valeu, Rodrigo, obrigado. Mas no User Guide está:

  1. In the GUI, you need to specify the URL of the EPCIS repository you want to connect to. You can either use your local repository instance (e.g., http://localhost:8080/epcis-repository-<version>/capture>), our public repository (http://demo.fosstrak.org/epcis/capture), or any other EPCIS repository. You can now fill in the EPCIS event data and submit the EPCIS capture request by clicking "Generate event".
Por isso tentei usar o público. Agora deu certo.
Mas como você disse que era mais fácil usar o SOAPUI, eu baixei e instalei o 5.2.1. Mas estou achando muito complicado. Existe algum tutorial mais simples do que aqueles que vem junto com o produto?

Obrigado.

Atenciosamente,

Luis Armando Queiroz de Araujo

Rua Silvia Pozzano 3003 Bloco 7 apto 501
Recreio dos Bandeirantes
Rio de Janeiro
Brazil 22790-671

http://larauj7.wix.com/projetos-estruturais

21 3269 4281 fixo
21 99131 4989 Claro
21 98560 2074 Oi
21 97983 3342 Tim
21 99654 8548 Vivo

Rodrigo Klein

Nov 30, 2016, 1:14:46 PM11/30/16
to foss...@googlegroups.com
Luis,

Você está achando complicado usar o SOAPUI ou gerar os eventos?

Imagine que o SOAP UI é só o meio para você mandar a request http. Se o problema for o uso do SOAPUI, você pode tentar usar o postman, que é um plugin do chrome.

Se a dificuldade for em gerar os eventos, ai acho que você seguir o manual do EPCIS.

O seu objetivo é usar o repositório para qual tipo de produto?

Já são serializados ou vai rastrear por lote?

Abraços.

Luis Araujo

Nov 30, 2016, 2:31:46 PM11/30/16
to foss...@googlegroups.com
Obrigado, Rodrigo, eu sou professor da UFRJ aqui no Rio e cheguei ao EPCIS na tentativa de introduzir este assunto no meu curso de Gerência da Informação, que aborda o EPC. O que você puder me indicar será bem vindo.

Atenciosamente,

Luis Armando Queiroz de Araujo

Rua Silvia Pozzano 3003 Bloco 7 apto 501
Recreio dos Bandeirantes
Rio de Janeiro
Brazil 22790-671

http://larauj7.wix.com/projetos-estruturais

21 3269 4281 fixo
21 99131 4989 Claro
21 98560 2074 Oi
21 97983 3342 Tim
21 99654 8548 Vivo

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "fosstrak" group.

Rodrigo Klein

Nov 30, 2016, 3:55:07 PM11/30/16
to foss...@googlegroups.com

Luis,

Tente com o POSTMAN

Ele é mais simples que o SOAPUI.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/postman/fhbjgbiflinjbdggehcddcbncdddomop

Abraços.

cid:image001.png@01CD2C52.F3F0AFF0

Rodrigo Klein

Tel.: 55 11    5083-0815

Cel.: 55 11 9 8115-0091

www.t2software.com.br

Av. das Nações Unidas, 18801 cj 512-São Paulo/SP Cep 04795-901

Valeu, Rodrigo, obrigado. Mas no User Guide está:

1.    In the GUI, you need to specify the URL of the EPCIS repository you want to connect to. You can either use your local repository instance (e.g., http://localhost:8080/epcis-repository-<version>/capture>), our public repository (http://demo.fosstrak.org/epcis/capture), or any other EPCIS repository. You can now fill in the EPCIS event data and submit the EPCIS capture request by clicking "Generate event".

djbur...@gmail.com

Dec 1, 2016, 9:36:58 AM12/1/16
to fosstrak
Hi Luis,

I have to agree, SOAPUI isn't easy to use at first sight!

As I said, I use it for querying the EPCIS repository, rather than capturing events, so I'll describe what works for me for queries (from my memory - once it's set up you don't have to repeat much of this!).

(1) In the left-hand pane, right-click Projects - New SOAP Project
(2) Project Name = whatever you want
(3) Initial WSDL = http://<webserver>/epcis-repository-0.5.0/query/?wsdl
(4) Check that "Create Requests" is ticked, and click OK
(5) Right-click your new project - New TestSuite
(6) Right-click your new TestSuite - New TestCase
(7) Right-click your new TestCase - Add Step - SOAP Request
(8) Enter any name for the new step & click OK
(9) In the new box that appears, scroll down to QueryOperationsWebServiceServiceSoapBinding -> poll & click OK
(10) Enter any name for the new request & click OK

You should end up with something that looks like:
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:urn="urn:epcglobal:epcis-query:xsd:1">
   <soapenv:Header/>
   <soapenv:Body>
      <urn:Poll>
         <queryName>?</queryName>
         <params/>
      </urn:Poll>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

And in the text box above the window it should point at your web service ( http://<webserver>/epcis-repository-0.5.0/query/ )

Now you just(!) need to fill in (valid) query parameters - and that does need a bit of learning as well. I used & amended examples from the GS1 EPCIS in rail application standard ( http://www.gs1.org/sites/default/files/docs/epc/GS1_EPCIS_Rail_Standard.pdf ), as that was the area in which I was interested.

For instance, one of my sample queries looks like this:

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:urn="urn:epcglobal:epcis-query:xsd:1">
  <soapenv:Header/>
  <soapenv:Body>
    <urn:Poll>
        <queryName>SimpleEventQuery</queryName>
        <params>
          <param>
            <name>EQ_action</name>
            <value xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:type="urn:ArrayOfString">
              <string>ADD</string>
            </value>
          </param>
          <param>
            <name>GE_eventTime</name>
            <value xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xsi:type="xs:dateTime">2014-07-13T00:00:00.000Z</value>
          </param>
          <param>
            <name>LT_eventTime</name>
            <value xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xsi:type="xs:dateTime">2014-07-13T23:59:59.999Z</value>
          </param>
          <param>
            <name>WD_bizLocation</name>
            <value xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:type="urn:ArrayOfString">
              <string>urn:epc:id:sgln:{a location}</string>
            </value>
          </param>
        </params>
    </urn:Poll>
  </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

This returns all Transactions performed at {a location} between 2014-07-13T00:00:00.000Z and 2014-07-13T23:59:59.999Z as xml data.

Hope this is a useful starter!
Regards,
Dave