fossmeet.in Domain No Longer Functional

Abhimanyu Mongandh Ambalath

Jul 27, 2022, 1:37:28 PM7/27/22
to fossme...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I tried visiting fossmeet.in and it seems the domain no longer points to the website and re-directs to a similarworlds.com website.

Sad to see the domain go away, and wanted to ask
  1.  I assume this is an unintentional incident, and we forgot to renew the domain.
  2. Is there any way we can acquire it back?

--
Abhimanyu M A

Yash Agarwal

Jul 29, 2022, 6:11:18 AM7/29/22
to fossme...@googlegroups.com
If I recall correctly, the domain used to be renewed by some alumnus (don't know who). It seems that the fossmeet team forgot to remind the alumnus, maybe due to inactivity, either COVID related or lack of interest.

There seems to have been some activity for this domain on 21/07/2022. https://whois.domaintools.com/fossmeet.in.

Not very sure about the ways to acquire it back, apart from waiting and hoping for it to get expired.

--
Yash Agarwal

More details at fossmeet.in
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "FOSSMeet at NITC" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/fossmeetnitc/CAPFdobKq8VcTLNP8cEVOZVn1DNb0kFjytcVbo2Xf2TFe948_dQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Rajat

Jul 29, 2022, 6:11:27 AM7/29/22
to fossme...@googlegroups.com
i couldn't see any records related to this domain on desec.

Pirate Praveen

Jul 29, 2022, 12:04:35 PM7/29/22
to fossme...@googlegroups.com

On Thu, Jul 28 2022 at 08:50:17 AM +05:30:00 +05:30:00, Yash Agarwal
<yashaga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If I recall correctly, the domain used to be renewed by some alumnus
> (don't know who). It seems that the fossmeet team forgot to remind
> the alumnus, maybe due to inactivity, either COVID related or lack of
> interest.

If I remember correctly, it was Bobinson.

> There seems to have been some activity for this domain on 21/07/2022.
> https://whois.domaintools.com/fossmeet.in.
>
> Not very sure about the ways to acquire it back, apart from waiting
> and hoping for it to get expired.
>
> --
> Yash Agarwal
> https://yashagarwal.in
>
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2022 at 11:07 PM Abhimanyu Mongandh Ambalath
> <abhima...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I tried visiting fossmeet.in and it seems the domain no longer
>> points to the website and re-directs to a similarworlds.com website.
>>
>> Sad to see the domain go away, and wanted to ask
>> I assume this is an unintentional incident, and we forgot to renew
>> the domain.Is there any way we can acquire it back?
>>

>> --
>> Abhimanyu M A
>> --
>> More details at fossmeet.in
>> ---
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/fossmeetnitc/CAPFdobKq8VcTLNP8cEVOZVn1DNb0kFjytcVbo2Xf2TFe948_dQ%40mail.gmail.com.
>

> --
> Yash Agarwal
> https://yashagarwal.in
> --
> More details at fossmeet.in
> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/fossmeetnitc/CAGM0KNTvcjnRDkw8u2F-gdPV9tHPioL_6u7Dr8iuc0SbyW4r7A%40mail.gmail.com.

Bobinson K B

Aug 2, 2022, 5:55:52 AM8/2/22
to fossme...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone - I registered and managed this domain from the beginning. It looks like the domain registrar didn’t update the status or something and someone picked up the domain now. Checking wither I can reach out to the current owners.