A message we could convey during FOSSMeet

Jaseem Abid

Jan 3, 2014, 11:43:21 AM1/3/14
to fossmeetnitc, FOSSCell
Hey all,

Read about a course that encourage students to contribute to FOSS, in a completely open and transparent manner, leaving a small impact happening at Delft University of Technology, Netherlands. Would be very happy to see NITC adopt a similar style of teaching.

We should think how to convey this message during the upcoming FOSSMeet - help students get started with contributions.

--
Regards,

Jaseem Abid
github.com/jaseemabid

Amarnath

Jan 16, 2014, 3:47:24 AM1/16/14
to fossme...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

It would be great if the FOSSMeet could also remember Atul Chitnis who passed away few months back after fighting cancer for several months. He was a FOSS enthusiast and one of organizers of FOSS.in.

Atul had been to FOSSMeet twice. If I remember right, he spoke at FOSSMeet in 2007 and later in 2011. He also has helped FOSSMeet financially more than once by sponsoring our event.

“You aren’t remembered for doing what is expected of you”  ~ Atul Chitnis.

More details at fossmeet.in
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "FOSSMeet at NITC" group.

അമര്‍നാഥ്
V A Amarnath
NITC

Kartik Singhal

Jan 16, 2014, 4:25:07 AM1/16/14
to FOSSMeet
On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 2:17 PM, Amarnath <vaama...@gmail.com> wrote:
t would be great if the FOSSMeet could also remember Atul Chitnis who passed away few months back after fighting cancer for several months. He was a FOSS enthusiast and one of organizers of FOSS.in.

Sounds like a good idea.

It was 2010, in my first year FOSSMeet. He talked about FOSS & Technology, see: http://atulchitnis.net/talks for slides.

--
Kartik
http://k4rtik.wordpress.com/

Jaseem Abid

Jan 17, 2014, 11:40:32 PM1/17/14
to fossmeetnitc
On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 2:17 PM, Amarnath <vaama...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey,

It would be great if the FOSSMeet could also remember Atul Chitnis who passed away few months back after fighting cancer for several months. He was a FOSS enthusiast and one of organizers of FOSS.in.

Atul had been to FOSSMeet twice. If I remember right, he spoke at FOSSMeet in 2007 and later in 2011. He also has helped FOSSMeet financially more than once by sponsoring our event.

“You aren’t remembered for doing what is expected of you”  ~ Atul Chitnis.

_/\_

Yes.  A small remembrance to Atul and Aaron SW.

--
Regards,

Jaseem Abid
github.com/jaseemabid