Another Great FOSSMeet.

Sreevasthavan K C

Feb 29, 2016, 3:00:40 PM2/29/16
to FOSSCell, fossme...@googlegroups.com, Jaseem Abid, Abhimanyu Mongandh Ambalath, Hari C M, Nachi Vpn, Sudev Ambadi
Hello everyone,

Following the paths of our seniors we are glad that we could conduct another edition
of FOSSMeet successfully. All of this would not have been possible without the immense
support we got from our seniors, who asked us to come down to Bangalore when we
were stuck and gave us the confidence that we can really pull it off.

I would like to give a shout out to all the volunteers and the FOSSMeet Team members for
the amazing commitment they showed, without whom this would have not been possible.
Learned a lot, met amazing people. I wish all the best to our juniors for conducting
FOSSMeet in the years to come.

Sreevasthavan
FOSSMeet Team

Noufal Ibrahim

Feb 29, 2016, 11:38:30 PM2/29/16
to fossme...@googlegroups.com

Good going. I think it was a significant improvement over the last one I
attended.
--
Cordially,
Noufal

Pirate Praveen

Mar 1, 2016, 1:16:34 AM3/1/16
to fossme...@googlegroups.com, Sreevasthavan K C, FOSSCell, Jaseem Abid, Abhimanyu Mongandh Ambalath, Hari C M, Nachi Vpn, Sudev Ambadi
Congratulations to the whole team! I hope more follow up programs will be conducted and a serious effort is made to bring more contributors from the campus as well. I'd be very happy to see more students in Google Summer of code from NITC.

Also we should try to spread FOSS Meet in more campuses around the country.

Looking forward to meeting you more often and mentoring some of you to debian, diaspora etc.

Pirate Praveen

Mar 4, 2016, 5:05:39 AM3/4/16
to fossme...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday 01 March 2016 11:45 AM, Pirate Praveen wrote:
> Also we should try to spread FOSS Meet in more campuses around the country.

We already started discussion about a fossmeet in Delhi/NCR.
https://www.loomio.org/d/lIwu7H4R/fossmeet-in-delhi-ncr

Can the folks from core team share some of the insider details there?
Like how many people were in the team, how many registered, how many
turned up, expenses etc.

I think we should share the fossmeet.in domain for that event.

signature.asc

Prasad Krishnan k

Mar 20, 2016, 6:46:31 AM3/20/16
to fossmeetnitc

Sorry for the late reply.
Happy to hear another FOSS event coming up in Delhi. Regarding FOSSMeet '16, we had around 40 members in the organising team for FOSSMeet '16. We had around 120 online registrations coming in and more than 130 participants from outside NIT Calicut attended the event. The total turnout for the event would be around 200. The total expenditure for the event was around 1.8L.

Regards,
Prasad Krishnan
FOSSMeet '16 Team

Regards,
Prasad

More details at fossmeet.in
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "FOSSMeet at NITC" group.

Kartik Singhal

Mar 25, 2016, 3:22:58 PM3/25/16
to FOSSMeet
Hi team

I have been away for some time and was glad to hear that FOSSMeet was
a good success this year. Congratulations to everyone involved!

One of the speakers wrote an open letter style feedback on this year's
edition of FOSSMeet:
http://blog.deobald.ca/2016/02/suggestions-conferences-and-festivals.html

BTW, where are the photos, videos (if any were recorded), other blog
posts, etc. from this year's edition?
--
Kartik
http://techglider.in