Get involved with divestment! Thurs 7th April

1 view

fossilfreebristol

Mar 25, 2016, 6:57:27 AM3/25/16
to Fossil Free Bristol
Dear Fossil Free supporters,

Well you're in luck because we've got an exciting opportunity to get involved, get creative, and help plan our strategy for the next few months:

What: STRATEGY MEETING: Divest Avon Pension Fund
Where: Roll For the Soul Community Bike Cafe, 2 Quay Street, Bristol, BS1 2JL
When: Thursday 7th April, 6.30pm - 8.30pm

Unfortunately there is no wheelchair access but if you have issues with getting up the stairs, let us know and we will do what we can to help.

The meeting will be engaging and fun and we hope to come out of it with a concrete strategy for the next few months of our campaign to DIVEST the AVON PENSION FUND! Come and get stuck in!

Divestment News
You can read about the latest developments in the divestment campaign on our blog, including an account of our trip to attend the Avon Pension Fund's committee meeting in Bath last week, and some recent UK divestment news.

The Avon Pension Fund has over £170 million of local people's money invested in the fossil fuel industry. We think this is both morally and financially wrong, and we are campaigning for them to:
1) Immediately freeze any new investments in fossil fuels
2) Divest from direct ownership and any commingled funds that include fossil fuel public equities and corporate bonds
within 5 years

Join us!

fossilfreebristol

Apr 6, 2016, 12:43:55 PM4/6/16
to Fossil Free Bristol

We hope to see some of you at our Strategy Meeting tomorrow night, 6.30pm - 8.30pm at Roll for the Soul Community Bike Cafe, 2 Quay Street, Bristol BS1 2JL.

We are looking forward to working out some creative new tactics with you. The agenda will be something like this:

6.30pm Welcome.
6.45pm WHY ARE WE HERE?
6.55pm WHY Divestment? And WHY the Avon Pension Fund?
7.05pm HOW? POWER MAPPING - Which potential allies could we connect with and how could they influence the fund?
7.25pm - Making new ALLIES - Role Play of our upcoming conversation with potential new ally, Thangham Debonnaire, MP for Bristol West.
7.45pm - TACTICS - “YES! And..." game - Blue sky thinking of tactics to reach new allies.
8.15pm - NEXT STEPS

We hope to see some new faces, with some new ideas. Don't worry if you don't know anything about pensions or investments, we didn't either when we first got involved!

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!

Holly, Richard, and Elaine
Fossil Free Bristol