Fwd: statement and sign and t-shirts

1 view

John James Boxshall

Apr 24, 2015, 12:15:54 PM4/24/15
to fossil-fr...@googlegroups.com

On Friday, 24 April 2015, MR J BOXSHALL <jj...@mac.com> wrote:
Hi Richard and everybody,
Thank you for the statement.  The sign is 2 metres 40cm by 60 cm.
The t-shirts sound great. My thinking is that in order they are ready for the stall yes, simply the Fossil Free Bristol logo.  It would, as somebody said be good to get more involved organisations such as some renewable energies and even Ecocide law - appearing down the back at a later stage… I wonder if any of you have connection with other organisations such as Richard’s with Greenpeace that could authorise this?.  Polly Higgins has said yes in principle though as this was for literature/FBook etc. I’ll check again if everyone thinks that adding others would be good. I figure it gives more, credence? More statement and other names that people will know of and relate to all adds support …for a better future Fossil Free :-)

For those who might be interested and somebody asked me for the address and I forget who.. This event is actually what I am attending (it isn’t a ‘talk’ as I thought ) what do I know? Incidentally also the logo that we could add to FFB t-shirt

Letter writing day, 19th May 12 - 4pm

This will be our third letter-writing day.  The last two have been a huge success - thank you all across the world who have helped make this happen. Last time we sent out template letters to key Heads of State (and many other people as well) - and there are more to send. Can you gift some time to help seed out Ecocide law letters? Come join us at The Base in Stroud on Tuesday 19th of May (please bring some lunch to share), 12 - 4pm.

Address: The Base at the Old Police Station, Stroud, GL5 4BJ. If you'd like to arrange your own group or send out letters from where you are, please email sup...@earthcommunitytrust.org for a copy of the template letter and the summary factsheet to send.

I am guessing that Holly or somebody will post about the actual day and it’s actual whereabouts on one of the FBook pages…Also, sorry to be rather lost.. Can somebody tell me where I can find Holly’s Fossil Free blog?
JohnnyOx
On 24 Apr 2015, at 12:55, RicharSweden updated Lawrence <richardl...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi  Johnny and Helen

Further to our meeting I have attached the presentation statement that was read out and our longer version that was handed out at the Pension fund board meeting.

Richardx
<Fossil Free Bristol Presentation Statement.docx><IB Fossil Free Bristol Statement (Autosaved).docx>

Julia wallond

Apr 24, 2015, 1:18:56 PM4/24/15
to John James Boxshall, fossil-fr...@googlegroups.com
Dear Johnny and all,

I just saw that Darren Hall is speaking / spoke at a University of Bristol Fossil free event ( which looked fab)- check Green Party website for details. Anyway it might be worth approaching him/ Green Party for official support.

Is anyone in FFB close to him? If not I don't mind approaching them if I could have a clear brief of what you 'd like from him/them. And a further contact from FFB to give to them who is more central to the planning.

Julia x

Sent from my iPhone

Julia wallond

Apr 24, 2015, 1:20:09 PM4/24/15
to John James Boxshall, fossil-fr...@googlegroups.com
Oops another thought is I could approach the Bristol branch of the BMA, if that's helpful.
Again a brief would be helpful,

Jx

Sent from my iPhone

Julia wallond

Apr 24, 2015, 3:55:44 PM4/24/15
to binah....@btinternet.com, fossil-fr...@googlegroups.com
Dear Giles,

Thanks for your reply, nice to hear from you!

I'm rather peripheral to the group too, and am waiting to hear from the others a little more about what an endorsement/ link might mean.

Brill to hear you're volunteering for the greens!

Julia

Sent from my iPhone

On 24 Apr 2015, at 20:46, GILES COOPER <binah....@btinternet.com> wrote:

Hi Julia.

I'm only peripheral to FFB really but I do get the Emails, so I saw yours. I'm helping the Green campaign as a volunteer from Monday to Friday and I imagine that Darren vaguely knows who I am. He's seen me in the shop enough times! I would be happy to back you up talking with him anytime during the week, if that's helpful. Don't feel obliged, because you may already know someone who would fit the role much better than me! However, the offer is there if needed. My mobile number is 07505 649985 and my Email address is binah....@btinternet.com

Every success and best wishes.

Giles Cooper.
I just saw that Darren Hall is speaking / spoke at a University of Bristol Fossil free event ( which looked fab)- check Green Party website for details. Anyway it might be worth approaching him/ Green Party for official support.

Is anyone in FFB close to him? If not I don't mind approaching them if I could have a clear brief of what you 'd like from him/them. And a further contact from FFB to give to them who is more central to the planning.

Julia x

Sent from my iPhone

<Daughter and Caroline Lucas in Bristol.jpg>

Richard Lawrence

Apr 25, 2015, 10:10:21 AM4/25/15
to Julia wallond, John James Boxshall, fossil-fr...@googlegroups.com
Dear Julia,
Thank you for your support Julia. I am aware that the green party were instrumental in getting George to agree to a policy statement preventing BCC from investing in fossil fuels and we did have a green party councillor at our fossil free launch. So I think that they are aware of our campaign however an official endorsement from them supporting our campaign for Avon pension fund to divest would be helpful too and I'm not sure whether we have got that. Steve I think has some good contacts with the green party and might be able to offer a view as might others. The other aspect is to get a better view on what the positive investments someone like APF could become more involved in and there are a small group looking at that.
With the election upon us there is a strong  possibility that a number of the voting councillors on the APF board will be changing. We will I think wait until the new board are in place to see who is there and how we could maybe approach them individually. One of our key focuses at the moment is on increasing the signatures on our APF petition
Re the BMA I think they had a press release last year agreeing to divest from fossil fuels. So they may have there own house in order? However any support locally by signing our petition would clearly be appreciated.

Richardx