Unanimous support from Unison Bristol!

Fossil Free Bristol

Aug 7, 2015, 5:50:07 AM8/7/15
to fossil-fr...@googlegroups.com
Dear Fossil Free Bristol supporter,

We've just had some great news!

Unison Bristol have unanimously agreed to support our campaign!
We took a motion to their meeting last week asking Bristol Unison to support our campaign for Avon Pension Fund (APF) to divest from fossil fuels. It was unanimously carried by all 13 of the voting members present!

This is a HUGE step for us, the trade union has agreed to send out a letter to all of it's members in the Bristol area, and many of those members will also be members of the pension fund. Read more here

AND...they're listening to us!

We have been invited to meet with the investment team of the APF! They are in the process of writing a draft of a review of their Responsible Investment Policy (RIP), and they have asked us to come to a meeting to discuss our concerns about climate change before they finalise the draft.

We are very excited, and take this to be a clear sign that they are listening to us.

Get involved!

Come to our next meeting:

When: 5pm, Tuesday 1st September

Where: Arts House Cafe, Stokes Croft (downstairs), 108A Stokes Croft, Bristol, BS1 3RU

We are campaigning for the Avon Pension Fund to move its endowment away from fossil fuels