customers

Kenneth Gonsalves

May 28, 2009, 2:54:48 AM5/28/09
to fosscon...@googlegroups.com
looks like we are getting some customers for our app. I feel we need to move
into some more formal hosting - any suggestions?
--
regards
kg

Thejaswi Puthraya

May 28, 2009, 1:31:11 PM5/28/09
to fossconf-devel
On May 28, 11:54 am, Kenneth Gonsalves <law...@thenilgiris.com> wrote:
> looks like we are getting some customers for our app. I feel we need to move
> into some more formal hosting - any suggestions?

He he, if you are referring to the spam on the trac site we better
move to either
Google Code (for svn/mercurial) or Github (for git) or Bitbucket (for
mercurial) or
Launchpad (for bzr).

My vote is for Github/Mercurial because it makes it very easy to
develop with.

If you believe we shouldn't rely on third-party sites, you could setup
Akismet
for trac (though I am not sure how effective it is).

So what do you folks say?

--
Cheers
Theju

Kenneth Gonsalves

May 29, 2009, 1:42:54 AM5/29/09
On Thursday 28 May 2009 23:01:11 Thejaswi Puthraya wrote:
> On May 28, 11:54 am, Kenneth Gonsalves <law...@thenilgiris.com> wrote:
> > looks like we are getting some customers for our app. I feel we need to
> > move into some more formal hosting - any suggestions?
>
> He he, if you are referring to the spam on the trac site we better
> move to either
> Google Code (for svn/mercurial) or Github (for git) or Bitbucket (for
> mercurial) or
> Launchpad (for bzr).
>
> My vote is for Github/Mercurial because it makes it very easy to
> develop with.

I also like Mercurial, and will look at the options above

> If you believe we shouldn't rely on third-party sites, you could setup
> Akismet
> for trac (though I am not sure how effective it is).

akismet is enabled for the site. It does a good job for content, not for
tickets. The problem is manual spam - nothing can prevent them.