OpenTechSummit Day Delhi, 12 Jan. 2020 at DTU with FOSSASIA

FOSSASIA Office

Jan 11, 2020, 3:16:09 AM1/11/20
to foss...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

we are running the FOSSASIA OpenTechSummit Day in Delhi on Sunday, January 12, 2020 (tomorrow!) at Delhi Technological University. If you are in the city and would like to join, we would be super happy.

We start in the morning at 9:00 AM and the program is packed with lots of interesting talks until 6:00PM. The free registration stays open at delhiday.opentechsummit.in.

We are thrilled to welcome Open Hardware developer and legend Mitch Altman and FOSSASIA co-founder Mario Behling. Plus, many speakers are joining from across India.

Topics include Artificial Intelligence, developing Open Event components in Python, Android, DevOps, SUSI.AI, Pocket Science Lab - PSLab.io, Linux, Debian and Javascript. In the afternoon there are hands-on workshops and a panel about participating in coding programs like Codeheat and GSoC. Featured speakers and detailed schedule below.

A special thanks to our host and partner the International Organisation of Software Developers - DTU who welcomes us at the venue! The exact location is:

Delhi Technological University

B.R. Ambedkar Auditorium

Bawana Rd, Shahbad Daulatpur Village, Rohini

Delhi, 110042

https://goo.gl/maps/8L8DxfnijGETJTe3A

Please join us now on the public Open Tech Telegram group for Delhi for last minute information and getting in touch with other participants.

You can connect to the OpenTechSummit community on Twitter and Facebook. And, we have an album, where you can share your event photos.

We would also like to thank our partners OpnTec Germany, Microsoft Technical Community, IOSD, Hardware Hackers Club 0x4445, GitHub, Yogdan, ILUG-D, and Coding Blocks community for supporting the event.

See you in Delhi or elsewhere!

All the best,

OTS India Team

otsin2020.jpg

OpenTechSummit Track - Lecture Hall

9:00Registration Opens
10:00Welcome to OpenTechSummit IndiaRonak Sukheja
10:05Open Source at DTUProfessor DTU
10:25Open HardwareMitch Altman
11:00Building a Sustainable Open Source Ecosystem with FOSSASIA and OpnTecMario Behling
11:30Python and Android Development in the Open Event Architecture and EcosystemAreeb Jamal
12:000$ development setting up Meilix BuilderHarsh Lathwal
12:25Group PhotoLet's Capture the Community
12:30Lunch Break
13:30Shipping Linux in your ProductsAyan Pahwa
13:55Android Development with Kotlin for Open Event AppsNikit Bhandari, Harshit Khandelwal
14:20Building the Open Event Web Platform with Python and EmberJSUddeshya Singh
14:45Developing a Science Desktop Application with Electron and Web TechnologiesAakash Mallik
15:10Remote Monitoring for Rural Solar Electrification Projects by Open Source TechnologiesGuruswamy Revana
15:30Coffee Break
15:45Panel: Opportunities with Open Source for Developers, Startups and Society -- Topics include: Producing Open Hardware, Self-guided learning in Open Source, Succeeding and winning at Coding Contests and GSoC, Sustainable Local Production and "Right to Repair"Mario Behling, Mitch Altman, Harsh Lathwal
16:30Building Fast Exciting Web AppsAman Sharma
16:55Developing using Git and GitHubRishabh Bansal, Gunnika Batra
17:20Lightning TalksCommunity Contributors
17:45Closing SessionCommunity Feedback & Good Bye
18:00End of Event

Open Hardware - Workshop Lab I

13:30Soldering Open HardwareMitch Altman

Pycon World Python Track - Workshop Lab I

15:00Making the Open Event System Event-Driven Using Apache KafkaManish Devgan
16:00Development of Python, Flask and Javascript - Open Event ServerAreeb Jamal, Prateek Jain
17:00End of Workshop Sessions

Artificial Intelligence - Workshop Lab II

13:30Install SUSI.AI on your Desktop or a RaspiAlok Kumar, Sanskar Jethi

Cloud and Platform - Workshop Lab II

15:00Debian PackagingRaju Devidas
16:00Running Your Open Source Application on Microsoft AzureRonak Sukheja, Dev Gupta
17:00End of Workshop Sessions

Dinner

19:00DinnerLocation: Nearby Food Court

FOSSASIA Office
Address: 12 Eu Tong Sen Street #08-169 Singapore 059819
Web: https://fossasia.org

Twitter: https://twitter.com/fossasia
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fossasia
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/fossasiaorg