GSOC 2011 approaching

Atul Aggarwal

Mar 17, 2011, 2:40:59 AM3/17/11
to foss-...@googlegroups.com
Hello everybody,

Google summer of code for 2011 is approaching. I hope everybody still in college is preparing for it. Last year we had record number of selections from ITBHU for GSOC 2010. This year also I want to see another high number of selections.

We have some really experienced people here on this list. We can help you in your application review and in clarifying some doubt about the process.

I also want people from final year takes some leadership and organize workshop to spread awareness in first and second year students.

Any ideas/suggestion to improve number of selections are welcome.

--
Regards,

Atul Aggarwal

Rohit Yadav

Mar 20, 2011, 4:16:04 AM3/20/11
to FOSS@ITBHU
Hey folks,

This year we've more number of participating organizations, just get
into anything that seems interesting.
Hang out on irc, to connect to an org's irc channel, you can use
xchat, irssi, or webchat.freenode.net (for freenode only)
If you want to stay connected on an org's irc all the time, get
yourself a free shell account on some free shell providers such as
http://www.bshellz.net and use screen/irssi.

For quite some time, we've been thinking to take FOSS-ITBHU to the
next level. The aim of is to build a foss organization for and by
ITBHU students, to promote hacker culture and encourage people come up
with their open source projects, sort of a FOSS incubator; the server
is at hotbuffer.org (nothing there right now) we can hosting git/hg,
or anything from projects to websites at hotbuffer.org.
We've an IRC channel, #hotbuffer at freenode, logs maintained at
http://hotbuffer.org/~rohit/irclogs/hotbuffer
Come join us! Share your skills, code.

Suggestions? Comments?

Rohit Yadav
PS. hope it's not one of those fail'd attempts