VPN settings and GSoC Applications

Srijan Mishra

Mar 30, 2012, 11:41:48 PM3/30/12
to foss-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Are there any new settings for VPN now as its not working on my system (ubuntu) for last few days, from the day the new mint software was released for windows?

Also i will be grateful if someone can provide me with his GSoC application.

Regards

Srijan Misra

Junior Undergraduate,

Institute of Technology - Benaras Hindu University,

India.

prashant bhutani

Mar 31, 2012, 12:11:18 AM3/31/12
to foss-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Change the IP-address in your network manager vpn part from 10.3.11.250 to 10.3.31.250 and change port from 443 to 4431.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant Bhutani

Srijan Mishra

Mar 31, 2012, 4:01:08 AM3/31/12
to foss-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to say but its still not working.
--
Srijan Mishra

Mohit Srivastava

Mar 31, 2012, 4:53:54 AM3/31/12
to foss-...@googlegroups.com

Not checked though.But for linux download new ca.crt and client.conf from http://10.3.11.250/vpn save them to a /etc/openvpn directory of your computer and then

$ openvpn /etc/openvpn/client.conf

Rohit Yadav

Mar 31, 2012, 5:06:58 AM3/31/12
to foss-...@googlegroups.com
If anyone has any problem using VPN, email w...@itbhu.ac.in, before you email check that you can ping 10.3.11.250 and/or 10.3.31.250, congestion is another problem. Make sure you've the latest ca.crt and for windows users the customized mint-openvpn client.

The current setup allows up to scale the VPN service using over separate networks (10.3.11.250-director-office;10.3.31.250-itlib) that can theoretically consume upto 200Mbps; this is a menace but there is no other option as our request to the CC/BHU to open the 1Gbps port for us was denied.

If you look at the client configuration file, what it tries to do is connect randomly on either servers on a range of ports (not just 443 or 4431). GNU/Linux users try to do that manually if it fails for you.

Cheers.

Srijan Mishra

Mar 31, 2012, 1:04:29 PM3/31/12
to foss-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the information.

I had also requested for GSoC apllication, please someone provide it as soon as possible.