Book on Unix programming

Shivang Mittal

Jan 11, 2012, 9:07:53 AM1/11/12
to foss-...@googlegroups.com
hiii

I m second year student and have taken a project on unix programming for the software project lab.

It includes mostly studying the functioning of unix and its utilities.
and implementing some of them.

So can  anyone plz suggest me some good book for this purpose...

--
Regards
Shivang Mittal

Vidit Sinha

Jan 11, 2012, 9:17:04 AM1/11/12
to foss-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shivang,

Why go for books, when you have unlimited information on the internet itself?

For instance: http://unixhelp.ed.ac.uk/alphabetical/index.html
Also http://www.unix.com/answers-frequently-asked-questions/13774-unix-tutorials-programming-tutorials-shell-scripting-tutorials.html for specific requirements.

This should be good for a kick-start. Later as and when you proceed and have implementation specific questions, "Google Again".

Thanks,
Vidit

329.png

Abhijith

Jan 11, 2012, 3:43:25 PM1/11/12
to FOSS@ITBHU

Sakchhi Srivastava

Jan 11, 2012, 3:45:41 PM1/11/12
to foss-...@googlegroups.com
Care for a hard copy? There is one in library by Sumitabha Das. I have
a copy if you want to check it.

Shivang Mittal

Jan 11, 2012, 4:04:03 PM1/11/12
to foss-...@googlegroups.com
hiii sakchhi thanx for mentioning the book.i would definitely love to check it out...

just tell me where , i ll come and take it from u...

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 2:15 AM, Sakchhi Srivastava <sakch...@gmail.com> wrote:
Care for a hard copy? There is one in library by Sumitabha Das. I have
a copy if you want to check it.

Regards
Shivang Mittal
Computer Science and Engineering Part-II
IT-BHU Varanasi

+91 78 6048 5449

Abhijith V Mohan

Jan 12, 2012, 7:43:00 AM1/12/12
to foss-...@googlegroups.com
Lots of them are there in the IT-library.

On 1/12/12, Shivang Mittal <shivang....@gmail.com> wrote:
> hiii sakchhi thanx for mentioning the book.i would definitely love to check
> it out...
>
> just tell me where , i ll come and take it from u...
>
> On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 2:15 AM, Sakchhi Srivastava
> <sakch...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Care for a hard copy? There is one in library by Sumitabha Das. I have
>> a copy if you want to check it.
>>
>> --
>>

> --
> Regards

> *Shivang Mittal
> **Computer Science and Engineering Part-II
> IT-BHU Varanasi**
>
> +91 78 6048 5449
> *

> --