Adding 3rd party repository

Abhijith

Mar 24, 2012, 5:28:13 PM3/24/12
to FOSS@ITBHU
Hi everyone! I recently heard about Jupiter, a software used to manage
the overheating problem in Ubuntu. When I wanted to try it out, it was
not in the ubuntu package list and i could not add the ppa using add-
apt-repository. Please help..

Amit Baranwal

Mar 24, 2012, 5:42:02 PM3/24/12
to foss-...@googlegroups.com
try http://bit.ly/GNW0MW

with regards
Amit Kumar Baranwal
3rd cs IT-BHU

Abhijith V Mohan

Mar 25, 2012, 2:13:46 AM3/25/12
to foss-...@googlegroups.com
I did find the ppa you mentioned. But I am unable to add it using the commands that are mentioned there. Specifically, the command
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/jupiter
does not work
Abhijith V Mohan
10400EN001
 2nd CSE,
IT-BHU, Varanasi

Abhijith

Apr 1, 2012, 1:07:21 PM4/1/12
to FOSS@ITBHU
I got it to work. Apparently, the command doesn't work behind a proxy.
This helped a lot--> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/software-properties/+bug/516032