Support Open Labs Hackerspace in Tirana

Redon Skikuli

Jul 3, 2017, 6:32:25 AM7/3/17
to FOSS-AL
Open Labs has been active since 2012 and members from the hackerspace have organized over hundreds of events since then to promote free open source software and open knowledge. We strive to function in a decentralized and non-hierarchical way. As a community we are made of and host various communities and projects who work together in symbiosis in our hackerspace. Some of the most active projects Open Labs empowers are Mozilla, Wikimedia, OpenStreetMap, LibreOffice, Fedora, and Nextcloud.
Since 2014 we organize Open Source Conference Albania aka OSCAL, the annual conference in Albania organized to promote software freedom, open source software, free culture and open knowledge. We are preparing for the 5th edition of OSCAL in May 2018.
In addition, we have managed to collaborate with various other organizations and institutions to forward our goals. We recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Municipality of Tirana to publish their data in the open by migrating them to the appropriate platforms like OpenStreetMap, Wikipedia, Wikidata and Wikicommons. We played an important role in the successful migration of the Tirana City cloud services to Nextcloud.
With the General Elections on 25th June 2017, we have reached out to the various political parties asking them about their stance on Free and Open Source Software, Open Data, Net Neutrality, Online Privacy and the Public Domain. Results are published on our Wiki.

Why support us?
Open Labs is partly sustained by donations but we still rely on sponsors. We would like that people like you contribute to the sustainability of our hackerspace, instead of shareholders, which is why your continuous support on Patreon is so important to us.
https://www.patreon.com/OpenLabsAlbania

Your financial contribution will help us pay various costs which are part of running a hackerspace, including but not limited to:
  • Rent
  • Utilities
  • Internet
  • Accountant
  • Legal Fees
  • Office Supplies
  • Hardware
  • Furniture
  • Space Maintenance

We are strong believers that a common space which empowers people from all parts of society should have no required participation or membership fees, hence we rely on optional membership fees, donations and well, you, Patrons.

Even if you can support us with 1$ we appreciate it and contributes to our cause to be independent of sponsors that in general have their own agenda. Thak you in advance!
Here is the link where you can support: https://www.patreon.com/OpenLabsAlbania

---
Redon Skikuli