Register Today for 2024 FOSL Annual Meeting in DC!

Michael Lee

Apr 16, 2024, 7:52:52 AMApr 16
to fosl...@googlegroups.com

Hi FOSL Members!

We are super excited to host our 2024 Friends of Sierra Leone Annual Meeting in Washington, DC at the Sierra Leonean Embassy!

The Annual Meeting consists of multiple events and outings over four days, starting on Thursday, July 25th through Sunday, July 28th. Our guest speakers and business meeting will be on Friday, July 26th and Saturday, July 27th. Please take a couple minutes to complete the registration form to let us know which events you plan on attending for planning purposes.

Some of the amazing speakers we have on Friday and Saturday include the Sierra Leonean Ambassador Sidique Abou-Bakarr Wai, the United States Ambassador to Sierra Leone Brian Hunt, the Acting Peace Corps Sierra Leone Director Setou Karama, the Peace Corps Desk Officer for Sierra Leone Hannah Amado, former National Peace Corps Association (NPCA) President Glenn Blumhorst, and owner of VisitSierraLeone.org, Bimbola Carrol.

We will also go on tours of the National Museum of African American History and National Museum of African Art. There will be lots of West African food to eat, including delicious chop at the following restaurants: Bukom Cafe, Sweet Sweet Kitchen and Swahili Village.

Please submit one Google Form per participant.

The FOSL Annual Meeting is open to everyone! The registration fee is $25; however, it is free for all active FOSL members! After completing this registration form, there will be a link to pay your registration fee or to join Friends of Sierra Leone, which is $25. We will also accept in-person payments of $25 at the Annual Meeting, if that is more convenient for you.

We are excited to see you in July in Washington, DC! Book your Airbnb or hotel stay now!

If you have any questions, please reach out to me at in...@fosalone.org

Here is the link to register for the 2024 FOSL Annual Meeting in DC, if you plan on attending in-person or virtually via Zoom: https://forms.gle/niTtypti7yn3xTsR7

Additionally, here is the link to the register for Zoom if you plan on attending virtually via Zoom: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJEtfu6hpzwoH9aVFxTYN6cQLzqectcsakMB

We hop to see you in DC!