Fwd: Alan Beals Celebration of Life July 11

1 view

Krister Engdahl

Jul 8, 2021, 5:17:15 PM7/8/21
to FoSL Leone, Gary Schulze, Pete Johnson
Hello all: Alan and his deceased wife Darleen were Sierra Leone volunteers in Magburaka from 1962-64 where they met. I knew them from many years working together on various Northern California Returned PC Assocation activities. Of course we shared being Salone PCVs. I remember talking about taking the train to Magburaka which went out of service in the 70's! I remember being at some Norcal PCA event and Alan saying they were volunteers from 62 to 64, and I piped in, yes from 1862 to 1864! (Now us 80's PCVs are also in the older generation!). Obit is at the bottom of this message. Krister Engdahl 85-89.

On Jul 6, 2021, at 7:43 AM, Pete Johnson <Pete...@astound.net> wrote:

Hi Friends of Alan Beals

Alan Beals passed away on June 29 in Sonoma at a care facility and we learned on July 5 his memorial will be Sunday July 11 from 11-2  at the Roche Winery 22097 A  Bonnes Road Sonoma CA www.rochewinery.com

You can send cards to his family (daughter Jenni with granddaughter Kayla and daughter Jayme) via Jayme Beals at 19167 Robinson Rd.   Unit H  Sonoma 95476

His obituary will be in the Sonoma Index Tribune in the next edition on Friday. July 9

Apologies for the brevity and short notice. Feel free to pass on to others not on this email list. Thanks to Anne Shapiro for informing us (and also copying Craig, Chris, Doug who already know)

Pete Johnson

Papa-obituary-2.pdf

fan...@aol.com

Jul 9, 2021, 4:10:10 AM7/9/21
to kristere...@gmail.com, fosl...@googlegroups.com, GARYG...@aol.com, Pete...@astound.net
May his soul rest in perfect peace

Aiah

--
FoSL website: http://fosalone.org

Join FoSL $25 membership: https://fosalone.org/mbrs.php
---

Jay Friedman

Jul 9, 2021, 1:36:58 PM7/9/21
to kristere...@gmail.com, fosl...@googlegroups.com, garyg...@aol.com, pete...@astound.net, fan...@aol.com
May he RIP.

Alan, Darleen and I were in the same Peace Corps group in SL 1962-64.

I found his obituary. Here is the link:

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/sonomanews/name/alan-beals-obituary?pid=199377956

Jay Friedman