Magic Penny School Update - Judy Figi Memorial

1 view

Michael Lee

Jul 12, 2024, 10:57:17 AM (4 days ago) Jul 12
to Fosl Mbr
Hi FoSL Members!

Here is an update from the classroom construction at the Magic Penny School in Shenge, Moyamba District, which FoSL supported in honor of the late Judy Figi, a longtime FoSL Board Member & strong supporter of the school she loved, the Magic Penny.

A message from Lucy Sumner:

To begin with, the school has not been completed as the contractor was involved in a motor bike accident the week before my departure from Sierra Leone. Thank God he survived the accident. He only left the hospital about a week ago and his left hand is still in a cast.

The doors and windows still have to be installed and the whole building will be painted. I am hoping that this will be done when the rains subside.

Thank you very much for the generous donation from FOSL. I decided to wait until the new classroom building is completed to put the plaque in memory of Judy Figi on it instead of affixing it on the old building. I will definitely send you pictures when that ceremony takes place.

I thank FOSL from the bottom of my heart.

Sincerely,

Lucy

Thank you for your continued support of FoSL!

Michael Lee
President
Magic Penny Progress 1
Magic Penny Progress 2