The Passing of Our Friend, Ruth Jones, RPCV SL 74-76

Michael Lee

Feb 22, 2024, 9:22:29 AMFeb 22
to fosl...@googlegroups.com

Good morning members,

With a heavy heart, I regret to share with you the passing of Ruth Jones, an amazing individual, kind soul and dedicated member of Friends of Sierra Leone. Ruth was a Peace Corps Volunteer in Lunsar, Sierra Leone from 1974 to 1976 as a math teacher. She was a member of the Teacher Corps Peace Corps program at Texas Southern University (TSU). We are so saddened by her passing. We were blessed to have her at nearly all of our FOSL annual meetings, including our most recent meeting in Houston, TX in July 2023. Our thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends at this time. Ruth will be missed greatly.

Be well,

Michael Lee

President

Friends of Sierra Leone