Sad news

Peggy Murrah

Dec 2, 2022, 2:18:42 PM12/2/22
to FoSL Leone
Dear Members and Friends,

I am very sorry to inform everyone, dear friend and board member, Judy Figi, passed away yesterday in the hospital. She was due for heart surgery today. Please join me in sending our condolences and heart felt sympathies to Dave and their extended family. I will share arrangements when I know them.

Judy will be greatly missed.

Peggy

Lucretia Humphrey

Dec 2, 2022, 6:15:40 PM12/2/22
to Peggy Murrah, FoSL Leone
Oh my!!😢😢She was the best!!  I loved her open- hearted mess and energy.
Thank you for letting us know. Is there an obituary?
Lucretia 71-74

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 2, 2022, at 12:18 PM, Peggy Murrah <in...@fosalone.org> wrote:

--
FoSL website: http://fosalone.org

Join FoSL $25 membership: https://fosalone.org/mbrs.php
---

mbarrie1

Dec 2, 2022, 8:43:02 PM12/2/22
to Peggy Murrah, FoSL Leone
Wow!!! My sympathy to her family and members of this forum.

Mohammed Barrie

Deputy Dean of the Sierra Leone Consulate Missions, North & South America

Republic of Sierra Leone Consulate Mission

75 Myrtle Street

Norfolk, MA 02056

Tele: 508-397-7361

cid:image001.png@01D78328.3E0DA0D0

Sent from my iPad Pro

On Dec 2, 2022, at 2:26 PM, Peggy Murrah <in...@fosalone.org> wrote:

Susan Eastwood

Dec 2, 2022, 10:56:39 PM12/2/22
to Lucretia Humphrey, Peggy Murrah, FoSL Leone
Thanks for letting us know, Peggy. I’m so saddened to learn of Judy’s passing.
Please keep us in the loop.
Susan

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 2, 2022, at 6:15 PM, Lucretia Humphrey <lucre...@gmail.com> wrote:

Oh my!!😢😢She was the best!!  I loved her open- hearted mess and energy.

Dr. Falla .D.Lamin

Dec 3, 2022, 12:28:20 AM12/3/22
to Peggy Murrah, mbarrie1, FoSL Leone
It is unfortunate to read about the passing of Judy Figi who was a Board Member of the Friends of Sierra Leone (FoSL) position she worked tirelessly for the Development of Sierra Leone and to connect all the present and former PCs that served in Sierra Leone. My sympathy goes to Dave and the other extended family members not forgetting FoSL which she greatly cherished. Judy, you will be greatly  missed. Rest in perfect peace, Amen.

PRIVACY NOTICE::
This email transmission is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

Falla.D.Lamin.  PhD., MSc.BSc,HTC,TC.
Head, Department  Governance & Development- SDGs
Institute of Public Administration & Management (IPAM)- University of Sierra Leone
Freetown- Sierra Leone- West Africa
Direct:+1 232- 76- 865650
E-Mail:

Follow me on Facebook,& Twitter.

Kwame Fitzjohn

Dec 3, 2022, 10:53:05 AM12/3/22
to 'Dr. Falla .D.Lamin' via Friends of Sierra Leone, Peggy Murrah, mbarrie1, Dr. Falla .D.Lamin
This is such a shock, Judy and Dave Figi met at Harford School for Girls in Moyamba when my parents ran the school from the mid-60s to early 70s. They were both single. Eventually they got married while they taught at the school - yep, like a romance out of a picture book! The Figis and the Fitzjohns (the family to which I belong) have remained close friends ever since those days at Harford.
I had a memorable time as a FOSL Board member working alongside Judy, 2000-2001. I would keep up with her when she made her visits to DC, where I'm based. She had a genuine and undying love for Sierra Leone. She was young at heart until the end. May her wonderful soul rest in eternal peace and glory🙏🏾