Can somebody help me print a word document from SQLWindows?

Don Wendler

Oct 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/6/98
to Thomas Althammer
Thomas,
This works great but not quite what I need. I need to print on a form
that requires no header, page number, and form feeds. I just need
to print or copy an ASCII file to the default printer.

The 'print' command as used in the ShellExecuteA command seems
to use a printer routine like notepad does. It places the file name
at the top of the page, and a page number at the bottom. How do I
disable these items and no form feeds?

I also tried the copy command to copy the file to a printer with no
luck.

Don

Thomas Althammer wrote:

> >> I have a .doc file on my local drive. And I need to send it for
> printing. How will I do this through Centura. Is there any OLE control
> that I need to embed? <<
>
> Shahil,
>
> this can simply be done by making use of the function ShellExecute, giving
> it the "print" command. The application associated with this file will then
> start and print the document.
>
> Library name: SHELL32.DLL
> Function: ShellExecuteA
> Export Ordinal: 0
> Returns
> Number: INT
> Parameters
> Window Handle: HWND
> String: LPSTR
> String: LPSTR
> String: LPSTR
> String: LPSTR
> Number: INT
>
> Call ShellExecuteA( hWndNULL, 'print', sFileName, '', '', SW_SHOW )
>
> I am not sure about the last constant - try it out. It is well documented in
> the SDK.
>
> Regards,
> Thomas Althammer
> [TeamAssist]
> --
> eMail ThomasA...@CSi.com

Thomas Althammer [TAO]

Oct 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/7/98
>The 'print' command as used in the ShellExecuteA command seems
>to use a printer routine like notepad does. It places the file name
>at the top of the page, and a page number at the bottom. How do I
>disable these items and no form feeds?
>
>I also tried the copy command to copy the file to a printer with no
>luck.

Don,

a workaround might be printing it with SalFile*() functions. However, I have
not yet done it, so I cannot comment on it.

Regards,
Thomas Althammer
[TeamAssist]
--