Online Demo

Vladimir Korenev

Nov 12, 2009, 8:09:31 AM11/12/09
to Peter Arrenbrecht, formulacom...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peo,

I'm think about ways to attract more users and demonstrate AFC
capabilities. I think that creating an online demo would be nice.

The demo should include:
- a file upload widget for spreadsheet,
- a link to an example spreadsheet,
- some input fields where users can type input data,
- a "perform calculation" button and displayed results,
- instructions how to create valid spreadsheets,
- a link to demo source code.

What do you think?

-Vova

Peter Arrenbrecht

Nov 26, 2009, 10:14:21 AM11/26/09
to formulacom...@googlegroups.com
How about you can upload a sheet, identify inputs and outputs, then
test the stuff using an input form with these input cells as you
suggested, but then:

- download source code for generated input and output interfaces
(we'd need to implement this),
- download source code for generated calculation engine,
- download .jar with generated calculation engine.

(Since the generated engines still rely on our GPLed runtime, this
could not be used to circumvent the GPL, I think.)

-peo