Re: Short weekly report

Peter Arrenbrecht

Jul 27, 2010, 1:25:26 AM7/27/10
to Borys Samsonov, vladimir...@teamdev.com, Claudio Hintermann, formulacom...@googlegroups.com
[cc'ing list]

Hi Borys, excellent news! See inline for detailed comments.

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 7:21 PM, Borys Samsonov
<borys.s...@teamdev.com> wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> Functions MROUND, EOMONTH, WORKDAY, EDATE and SUMPRODUCT are already
> implemented, but their Excel and Open Office tests need some more detail
> checking.
> Function YEARFRAC and XIRR work for double variable type, methods for
> BigDecimal and long types are not fully completed.
>
> Next week I'll finish YEARFRAC and XIRR function implementations, check
> tests for other implemented functions and will work at ROW and COLUMN
> functions.
>
> All functions MROUND, EOMONTH, WORKDAY, EDATE, YEARFRAC and XIRR are from
> Excel Analysis Toolpack and they are not supported in old Excel file format.
> For now their tests are absent in .xls test files.
> As I understand we have to add JExcelApi support for Analysis Toolpack
> functions?

Please try to find out the details of how the Toolpak functions are
stored in .xls, but don't spend more than one day on it. We should
then be able to decide whether we want to support this in .xls. You
might also want to quickly check whether Apache POI HSSF supports
them.

My hunch is we're not going to bother and just tell people to convert
such sheets to .xlsx.

Thanks,
-peo

Vladimir Korenev

Aug 1, 2010, 1:23:19 PM8/1/10
to formulacom...@googlegroups.com, Peter Arrenbrecht, Borys Samsonov, Claudio Hintermann
Hi Peo,

I checked that POI HSSF supports "extended" Excel functions. I suggest
to use it instead of trying to add support for them to JExcelApi. I
think Boris can do that.

Regards,
-Vova