Changes in SectionInfo

Vladimir Korenev

Dec 3, 2009, 3:50:47 AM12/3/09
to Peter Arrenbrecht, formulacom...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peo,

I'd like to make changes to public API. I want to change SectionInfo
interface which was introduced in v1.3.

I'd like to divide it into 2 interfaces: the first one corresponding
to the whole repeating section and the second one corresponding to one
row (or column). An orientation property and a list of nested sections
will be added to the first interface, and the index property will be
moved to the second interface.

Would you mind this change? Although it can break client code which
uses SectionInfo.getIndex(), the fix will be trivial.

BTW, what terminology do we use for repeating sections? The "section"
is the whole named range, isn't it? How do we call one row or column
in it then? Section element?

-Vova

Peter Arrenbrecht

Dec 3, 2009, 10:44:36 AM12/3/09
to Vladimir Korenev, formulacom...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vova

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 9:50 AM, Vladimir Korenev <vkor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Peo,
>
> I'd like to make changes to public API. I want to change SectionInfo
> interface which was introduced in v1.3.
>
> I'd like to divide it into 2 interfaces: the first one corresponding
> to the whole repeating section and the second one corresponding to one
> row (or column). An orientation property and a list of nested sections
> will be added to the first interface, and the index property will be
> moved to the second interface.
>
> Would you mind this change? Although it can break client code which
> uses SectionInfo.getIndex(), the fix will be trivial.

Go ahead.

> BTW, what terminology do we use for repeating sections? The "section"
> is the whole named range, isn't it? How do we call one row or column
> in it then? Section element?

Yes, the section is the entire range. Section element sounds good.
Like array element.
-peo