One of our faculty is having problems installing on his Mac. Can someone advise?
I’m having trouble with the Formscanner Mac App itself.
I did the following for my Macintosh installations. All successfully.
1. Installed Ghostscript v2.91
2. Installed Java 7.8 development kit version
3. Installed XnConvert v1.75
4. Downloaded ProcessBubbles-V2.81
5. Downloaded formscanner-1.1.4.dmg
a. Dragged the App to the Applications Folder.
6. When I launch the App I get this message:
(The Application “Formscanner” can’t be opened.)
7. I can get it to run by doing the following:
a. Open Terminal
b. Type in the following command
Java -jar /Applications/FormScanner.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/formscanner-main-1.1.4.jar
c. I’m trying to keep our faculty away from the Terminal app if possible.
i. Presently this leaves the terminal app open
ii. If you close the terminal window Formscanner quits.
8. I assume it is not supposed to work this way. The ideal launch of the app would be to double click on the app and it start running without the terminal visible.
Let me know what you think.