Formscanning Missing Bubble Responses.

Qamar Hafeez

Apr 14, 2019, 4:56:47 PM4/14/19
to FormScanner
My question is why Formscanner is missing bubble responses from users, Please look at screenshot below.
Thanks in Advance.

Screenshot from 2019-04-14 08-43-37.png

Philip Freeman

Apr 16, 2019, 7:30:54 PM4/16/19
to FormScanner
Qamar;
From the image it appears that the issue is with the template file you are using not matching the form itself. Do you notice how the marker dots (in red) do not quite match up with the shaded circles on the form? That seems to be because the template tells Formscanner to look in the wrong places. At first that error is not too large and there is enough overlap with the shaded area that formscanner still sees the mark, but soon it drifts too much and no longer sees the marks at all.

This mis-match seems to get worse going left to right, so one possible issues is that the printed forms are enlarged compared to the image used for the template. Another might be an error in the template, such as telling the program there are more columns/questions than there actually are, or causing the program to expect the columns to be evenly spaced when they are not (for example if the "Award sheet" digits were entered as a single group the template would assume equal spacing of all columns). Without knowing how the template is organized it is hard to tell.

To solve the problem you might need to make a new template file that matches the size and/or corrects the error, or adjust the scanning to fix the distortion if it is a enlargement issue that is causing the lack of correspondence.

I hope this is helpful to you!
Philip (just another user)

Qamar Hafeez

Apr 17, 2019, 6:57:03 PM4/17/19
to FormScanner
You are right. There may be distortion in images during scanning. We have bulk scanning. We have 6 high speed scanner which are used for 100k scanning per day. Scanning through ađf is mechanical process. And hence due to wear and tear of scanners some distortion may introduced in scanning. We need to make form scanner which can handle this type of issues. Please help....

Mohamed

Apr 19, 2019, 8:16:50 AM4/19/19
to FormScanner
When making template, try to make the circle slightly larger than the actual circles. Also, play or modify the scanner settings of darkness OR try different settings in formscanner threshold/intensity combinations.

In the future, make small circles to be filled by the user and avoid such large circles as you can (this is my own suggestion).

Finally, test if rotating pages slightly with xnconvert can relief the problem a little.

Mohamed