Need help getting started.

StefSeb

Dec 22, 2019, 8:38:30 AM12/22/19
to FormScanner
I'm sorry, but I have a problem. I can't use it!!!!
I saved the templete and took some pictures for testing.
If I launch the single scan it switches from one image to another but I don't see a preview and it doesn't generate the report file.
If I launch the automatic scan I get nothing.
Where am I wrong?
Message has been deleted

jose miguel undurraga barasorda

Feb 3, 2021, 12:32:33 PM2/3/21
to FormScanner
i have the same problem, can any one help us?

Paul D Pruitt

Jul 6, 2022, 12:31:01 AM7/6/22
to FormScanner
I'm no expert yet, but here is what I found worked for me:
  • Set up pre-cropping of the scanned images in Settings so FormScanner concentrates only on the answers, not any other part of your data sheet/quiz. Use a program like IrfanView to measure the distance from the edges of your paper to your alignment circles, squares or corners (create a selection square from the edge of your image up to the edge of your square or the middle of your circles and look up to the top right, the size of the selection square will appear in pixels). Put those alignment guides around the answer bubbles or squares and as far away from other content of your sheets as is practical.
  • Only use PNG files
  • Make sure your scans are straight.
  • Scan only in B&W.
  • Scan at 300 dpi.
  • Make sure the red dots in your templates are the same size as your bubbles. That can be configured in the Settings. The size of the red dots is the radius of the circles in pixels, not the diameter.